GO!

Best way to introduce kittens?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Miss Daisy

I'm a happy- girl!

Purred: Mon Apr 27, '09 4:25pm PST 
You can always check with your local Petsmart or Petco to see which shelter or rescue kitties they are showing for the adoption event. Different shelters have different standards.

At the shelter where I volunteer, the kittens available for adoption have already been spayed or neutered plus dewormed plus checked for FIV etc. The few that came down with an URI...we asked the owner to return and our vet tech checked them out and gave them a round of medicine...no charge to the new kitten owner.

We actually recommend people do get 2 kittens. They keep each other company while you're at work and are happier and live longer!
Best of luck!!!kitty
[notify]

Purred: Mon Jun 25, '12 2:19pm PST 
Hi, I need some advice on this.

Sadly our cat lost a kitten (a lone birth) which we had intended to keep. So we got another kitten and found out Fluffy was pregnant again. She has since had 3 gorgeous kittens, all very different. Our other Kitten taylor is now 13 weeks old and attacks them when we put them together. it seems to be playful because there is no hissing etc. Tonight he looked as if he was biting one of the kittens and then swiped another.

Any tips on how we can sort this, we plan on keeping the one he seems to be attracted to. This particular kitten is blind in one eye and seems to be the weakest, although by no means any quieter.

Any advice would be appreciated.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2