GO!

Lucky Kitten

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Milani

Empress Milani- Of Palace Royale

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '07 8:19am PST 
My name is Milani and i was born in the streets of Orlando,Florida. I was the last to be born from the litter and the weakest and smallest. My feline mommy left me in the balcony of my new human mommy.I guess she left me there because i was sick and weak. My new mommy and my new family took me to the vet and he told them that i had an upper respiratory infection and hookworms and fleas. And also i was very underweight. After spending the night at the vet and starting my medication and getting dewormed and the vet killed all my fleas i came to my new home where i had tons of toys and a new bed and scratching post and sooooo many other things waiting for me. Today i have gained weight i play all day and my upper respiratory infection is almost gone. I want people to know that feral kittens make great pets and we love to be in a nice warm home with people that love us.Please visit my page and get to know me a little more i would love to have lots of friends. My life started out sad but thanks to the good lord my future looks great.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '07 9:16am PST 
Milani, you are right: small feral kittens can be socialized if they have contact with humans before 8 weeks of age. You are extremely fortunate in that your cat mom, whoever she was, possibly thought that the people who became your family might be able to help you when she could not.

I wonder if she is not so much a feral momma cat, but a pregnant cat who became a stray because her humans didn't want to deal with her having kittens (that happens to a lot of momma cats), and who hadn't completely lost her faith in the kindness of humans. Lucky for you she was completely right, and I hope she remained in your neighborhood. Who knows, maybe your human parents might spot her and get her some help too, so to add to your happy ending. smile
[notify]

Kahlan- (missing)

Gimme Treats- Meowmie!

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '07 9:50am PST 
Hi Milani, you are so cute! Congratulations on your forever home!
You are right; feral kitties make great pets. I was fortunate that my cat mom befriended my human mom. I was born in some bushes and I finally made it inside when I was four months old. My half-brother Gimli was very lucky--he and his littermates were born indoors. I love my human mom very much and I love to sit in her lap. I even do the "shaky tail" for her. But sometimes I still want to go outside. I wait by the door when she opens it and I try to run outside, but she doesn't let me. I gues she knows best! We wish you all the best.

Purrs,
Kahlan

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '07 5:08pm PST 
Feral kittens ca make some of the most affectionate kittens around - they really appreciate all that yo do for them because they HAVE had it tough - Wolfie continues to amaze me with his friendliness and cuddliness!
[notify]

Bailey

Alpha Cat

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '07 8:48pm PST 
Milani, I am so happy for you! Your such a lucky kitty and you look great!
[notify]

Asher

"I'm the king of- the castle"

Purred: Fri Aug 17, '07 6:43pm PST 
Wow! You look just like my new little brother Jack! You two could be twins! My mom found him by himself outside. He's been here for about 2 weeks now and he's only about 8-9 weeks old. I'm glad you found a good, loving home!
[notify]

Lizy

Please love me!

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '07 7:51am PST 
Feral kitties make wonderful pets. I have a hoity-toity pure bred cat and then got suckered into taking a feral that showed up under my bird feeder, starving and sick. She's been here now for almost two years and loves me completely. She's still shy around others, but wants to be tucked in tight with me where ever I am. Purring and cuddling. Hours of joy and I am crazy about her! cloud 9
[notify]