GO!

Question about collar

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hector

Is that the- fridge I hear?

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 8:55am PST 
Meow everyone!
I'm very tiny and mommy has pretty much been keeping me in one room at a time since I came to my new home on Monday. I don't like this at all and would like to run around more but mommy is worried that, with 2 adults and 3 kids in the house, someone is going to step on me (yikes!!)
Has anyone here used a collar with a bell? I know that they are recommended for cats who go outside to warn the mice and birds. My daddy thinks it's a bad idea because it will be very annoying for me.
Or could we just try the collar when I am roaming about but still stay confined to one room when I am not being closely supervised.
Does anyone have any ideas? At what age were you kitties given more freedom to roam (within the house?)
Thanks!
[notify]