GO!

Vacation, run of the house!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Olivia

I'm a little- kitty princess!

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 5:08am PST 
My human mommy and daddy are going to the beach for a week. Mommys parents are going to check in on Poindexter and I daily to feed, water and give us some attention. Mommy was hoping I'd be totally potty trained so she wouldn't have to worry, but that's not the case. She is thinking maybe it would be best for me to be in the bathroom with my litterbox, where I first started out when they took me in.
She wants to know if anyone has any advice on leaving us alone for a week.
[notify]

Alfie

dogs have- owners, cats- have servents

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 5:52am PST 
your not going to like like what i say but i think is irraponsible to lieave such a young kitten alone for that lengh of time. I don't know how big you bathroom is but cats are socible creatures and at this age they need lots of attention and i feel her being visited once a day is not enough. is it not possible for her to go and stay with your parents or the other way round?
[notify]

Olivia

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 6:44am PST 
Well, it's a pretty big bathroom where I seem to be content. I don't feel it's an ideal situation , however, this vacation has been planned and paid for months ago. Mommy brought me in a few wks ago and gave me a home to save my life since I was a feral kitty of a feral cat. Mommys parents are probably going to stay overnite a few nites, but not sure how many.
[notify]

Alfie

dogs have- owners, cats- have servents

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 2:54am PST 
well if your going to do it lots of toys is a must and when your parents come round lots of fuss

Edited by author Wed Aug 8, '07 2:55am PST

[notify]

Olivia

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 6:14am PST 
Yeah, us kitties have tons of toys, and right now, EVERYTHING is a toy to me. My mommy has her parents committed to coming 2 x a day now and staying a few nites. They'd probably stay more but just sold one house and in the process of moving into the new one.
Mommy will write later and let you know how we did.
[notify]

Bailey

Alpha Cat

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 10:09am PST 
You gotta do what you gotta do!way to go
[notify]