GO!

mommys upset!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Olivia

I'm a little- kitty princess!

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '07 4:21am PST 
Well I'm been the puuurfect little kitten until this morning. I always use my litterbox like a good girl but today I made a mistake. I could tell mommy was disappointed in me.

My human daddy was holding me, we were upstairs and my litterbox is downstairs. When daddy put me down, a few min. later I was along the wall using it as a potty, I really had to poo!

Do little kittens like me make those mistakes just outta the blue. Or should my mommy be concerned that I've probably went in the house other times?

Any advice would be appreciated.
[notify]

Mia

So many toys, so- little time...

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:06am PST 
When Meowmy first got me I had a little accident too. But it was cuz I had diahrea and I couldn't hold it. It came too sudden and I was too little to help it. It only happened that one time. I've been a good girl ever since. My only problem now is that I always wait till the last minute to use my box because I'm too busy playing. So when I finally go, I REALLY GOTTA GO and I run into the box in a mad rush!!
[notify]

Olivia

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:12am PST 
Oh I sure hope that's all it was, I don't like disappointing my meowmy!....She's been taking me to my litter box again, like she did when I first came here.
[notify]

Rudy

I'm a needy boy!

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:19pm PST 
Olivia,
when I first came to my house, I was running around mewing & momma didn't know what was wrong with me until I jumped up on the couch beside her. Suddenly she felt warm & wet.
She couldn't really yell at me since she didn't know why I was mewing....until then. I hadn't quite figured out where to go....so, after that, Momma made sure I found out where all the litter boxes were.

We're just little and when we gotta go, we gotta go!
[notify]

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 2:06am PST 
my daddy was told to take me potty cuz there was a gate in the way of the litterbox cuz of my human brother and sister. any way daddy never took me potty.

mommy picked me up to bring me in her bed when she was sleeping. i found a nice spot and piddled in her bed!

that was two weeks ago i have been wonderful other then that
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 9:22am PST 
Could you have a second litter box upstairs? You're so little and it's hard for the little ones to stop what they are doing and go to the potty (I hear human little ones are like that, too). Having another litter box upstairs would make it easier for you to get there in time.
[notify]

Herr- Mueller, II

Very busy and- important.

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 10:25am PST 
When I was a tiny thing, I piddled the bed too. I would wake up in the morning and get so excited about coming to visit, and I certainly hadn't considered that I would need the box a few minutes after waking up. Putting the kitty in the box should help, and also making sure ALL THE SMELL is gone from wherever she went before will keep her from associating that same spot with a bathroom. Keep the box very, very clean too, because some cats are more picky about that than others. Cleaning it at least two or three times a day is ideal.

One of my problems was also that I was just very tiny and underweight, so I didn't have a lot of control. Other contributing factors may be: getting de-wormed, changing food from whatever the kitten was eating before, and dietary supplements. Within a week, I was absolutely fine.
[notify]

Olivia

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 5:01am PST 
Well my litterbox is back upstairs and mommy said she's going to put one downstairs for me too. They said my step brother Dexter was a little older than me when they moved his so maybe it was just too early.
I made another mistake the other day, and my human daddy found 2 old ones as well. Mommy is concerned about when I piddle because if I've been doing that, they'll never even know until it was start to smell up the new carpet.
Hopefully with the litterbox back up here i'll be okay, along with mommy taking me there now and then to remind me.
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only little kitty who has made mistakes.
[notify]

Herr- Mueller, II

Very busy and- important.

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 6:54am PST 
Mother says some kitties make other kitty moms jealous by being litter-experts by the time they are 3 weeks old and never, ever making mistakes. Like my sister. But some of us just need a little patience, and it takes us a while to learn to go find the litter box BEFORE it's absolutely time to go! Mostly she is just glad she hasn't had to launder the bed comforter since those first three days! She also thinks that, since I was one of seven or eight kittens and a Mama in one kennel at the shelter, that I never developed good litter habits to begin with. I was the runt, and mostly all that happened to me before being adopted was I got shoved out of the way, whatever I was doing.
[notify]

Nemo

Comer of Orange- and White (movie- quote)

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 7:03pm PST 
You had a long way to go and short legs to get there. That's why Mom kept putting me in the cage everytime I'd squat. I had two or three known accidents over the first few weeks, but now I am confident about the potty and Mom trusts me more. Dad would like for me to use the real potty like a cat did on Funny Home Videos. Keep up the good work. You'll get the timing right before long.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2