GO!

Pregnant Kitty Help

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cookie - Adopted!

Greatest Mommy- in the World!

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '07 4:18pm PST 
When I first brought Cookie into my home on Wednesday evening, she did not use the litterbox at all during the rest of that evening. I put her in her birthing room for the night (not until about 2am probably) and when I got up the next morning there was plenty for me to clean from her box. That same day, when I got home from work (about 8.5 hours later), there was NOTHING to clean; she hadn't used her littler box the entire day! What's more, she didn't use it the rest of the evening either! I got up this morning and again had plenty to clean out but when I got home from work today there was hardly anything in there.

Why isn't she using her box during the day and could that cause problems for her pregnancy? She is due in about 2 weeks.

Thanks!
[notify]

Luka

Let nothing stop- you!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '07 11:34am PST 
Is she eating right? No food goes in no poo comes out....
[notify]

Cookie - Adopted!

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 7:52am PST 
She is eating high quality kitten food...and A LOT of it. Her litterbox using is much more consistent now. We are just waiting for those babies to come! They are SUPER active now and its the coolest thing to watch and feel!
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '07 10:49am PST 
I think her potty behavior was just because of the transition. The puppy is probably the most active and making the most noise during the day, but at night, when the house is quiet, Cookie felt more comfortable to explore her new surroundings and go to the potty. Plus, living outside for a while, she probably felt safer to move around at night when she couldn't be seen as well. It sounds like she's gotten used to your home now and is quite comfortable. How fortunate for her - and for you - that you found one another. How can people dispose of pets as if they were trash? I'll never understand that. Thank goodness there are people in the world like you (and the woman who found Cookie and brought her to you).

Good luck!
[notify]

Cookie - Adopted!

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 4:19pm PST 
Cookie did the phantom litter box squatting thing this morning. I cleaned it out and she walked in and squatted, but nothing happened. She gave up after a few seconds and jumped up on the table for a mid-morning nap.

I know often times first mothers will try to deliver their babies in the litter box, but she has been fine ever since that happened this morning. She isn't really showing any signs of labor and the only real indication I have of her approximate delivery is how incredibly active the kittens are.

A couple days ago she did have very little discharge and this morning I found a little more.

Thoughts?
[notify]

Hunter

The most- ferocious timid- cat there is

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '07 9:20pm PST 
On your most recent post, and if she hasn't had the kitten yet: Many pregnant cats like dresser drawers, if you put a few soft towels in there or something (they especially seem to like them if you leave them in the dresser but pull them all the way out so they can fit). If you give her places to nest, like a dresser drawer or a cardboard box or laundry basket with towels I think she's less likely to have the kittens in the litterbox.
[notify]

Cookie - Adopted!

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 8:29am PST 
Thanks. I have put together a cardboard box for the kittening (if I happen to catch it happening) and also a few other soft nesting places in case she has them while I am not here.

Edited by author Thu Aug 9, '07 8:29am PST

[notify]

Petunia

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 6:48pm PST 
I just want to share. smile

Grandpa's (God bless his soul) cat gave birth on his undergarments drawer. It was quite high and it was closed so we were really wondering how she got there. Anyway, Grandpa was freaked out.

She (I forgot the cat's name, sorry) then jumped up and grabbed the kitties and dragged them under the stairs. She'd purr aggressively whenever we tried reaching out.

Anyway, good luck on your new babies. wave
[notify]

Cookie - Adopted!

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '07 7:21pm PST 
I opened the dryer this morning to pull the clothes out and she jumped in as soon as I had the door open. My only thought was "Don't you even THINK about it!"

Still no babies. She was breathing pretty heavily and panting a little earlier so I thought today would be the day but then she calmed right down and went to sleep. She's just been relaxing ever since.
[notify]

Petunia

Purred: Sun Aug 12, '07 6:35pm PST 
How's your pregnant tabby? smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2