GO!

New Kitten Acting Strange...What Do I Do?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Munch

"Milk!!! Please- give me some- milk!"

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 8:43am PST 
(Written by my owner) Yesterday my mom walked in the house and was carrying and all white kitten a little younger than Munch. She said that the group home she used to work in was feeding a kitten outside of their home. The people living in the group home are being moved to a different location and couldn't bring the kitten with them. My mom didn't want to leave the kitty their to starve so she decided to bring it home. Right now we are keeping it in the basement because she hasn't been tested for kitty cancer and we don't want the other kitties getting sick . The strange thing is that she is sitting in a corner and hasn't moved since yesterday evening. She just sits there and sleeps. It doesn't look like she ate any of the food we put out for her (and water) and she didn't sleep on the blanket we put down. She just sits there. I even tried giving her a marble to play with and she just stared at it as it rolled by. Is she just scared because everything is so new? Has anyone else ever had a stray kitten act this way? Maybe she has to get used to being inside the house but you would think she would move a little bit at least. Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing. Can anyone give any advice?
kitty
P.S. If you can, please help me think of a name for a female all white kitten
[notify]

Margaux- Hemingway

It's all about- me, and always- was!

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 8:48am PST 
Wow, that is very odd behavior. It sounds like a vet visit is in order to rule out any physical problems or illnesses that might have sucked all the energy out of the kitten. Also, all-white cats are more likely to be deaf than other cats, which may make a new environment (particularly one that smells like other cats) really scary.
[notify]

Luka

Let nothing stop- you!

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 8:58am PST 
The kitty is prob very stressed out. Try spending some time sitting and petting it to calm it down a bit. Also give it some better toys although it may be too old to really get playful a marble is a pretty lame kitty toy - how about a mousie or a rattley ball.
[notify]

Toby

Taking it one- crash at a- time...

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '07 6:37pm PST 
How old is this kitten? When Mia and dusty were 4 weeks old they didn't do much either. They mostly slept. It wasn't until about 5 weeks that they started to get curious! Have you noticed any signs of a cold like a wheezy breath or anything?
[notify]

❤Ruben❤- DB #⑩

The Boss

Purred: Thu Aug 2, '07 6:56pm PST 
I wouldn't worry about the kitten nor chasing or playing yet. Heck you roll a marble across the floor at me and I don't move either. I can hardly catch a ball that isn't even moving. I think the kitten is stressed and feels safe in that corner so she doesnt want to move. Hopefully you can get the kitten to the vet as soon as possible just to make sure.
Love,
Ruben
[notify]

Domino

Only the good- die young

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '07 1:17pm PST 
First, what color are here eyes? This may seem like a really strange question but most white cats with blues eyes are deaf. This could explain some of her behavior. She could also be scared. I would get her to a vet ASAP to make sure she is ok and has no medical issues.

As for a name for an all white kitty.....I have 2 all white kitties...they are Gracie and Dixie. Dixie is deaf.
[notify]

♔Gordy♔- DB#20

Gooshy Bear

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '07 1:29pm PST 
Angel would be a cute white kitty name
[notify]

Margaux- Hemingway

It's all about- me, and always- was!

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '07 4:46pm PST 
I like Grace Kelly for an all-white cat. They are the ultimate in blonde sophistication, after all! I hope she is doing better, getting a little more social, and eating well.
[notify]

Princess- Sophie- Florida

I rule this- kingdom!

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '07 5:10pm PST 
Poor kitty baby is probably scared just like everyone already mentioned. A trip to the vet will surely put your mind at ease.
I personally like the name Marilyn ( Monroe) for an all white kitty.
Grace Kelly is nice though too.kitty
[notify]

Munch

"Milk!!! Please- give me some- milk!"

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:41am PST 
Thank you for all of your help! The kitty is starting to get a little more used to her surroundings. Her eyes are not blue and I don't think she is deaf. We moved to from our basement to the garage and now she moves around to different corners. When I checked on her this morning she was sleeping in an open drawer from a dresser that is in there. It was really cute! The kitty is a little bit younger than Munch. She still won't play with anything that I give her. She is very affectionate but does not get along with the other kitties (or the dog). Munch will go up to her (not being aggressive at all) and kitty will start to hiss and spit. We are still trying to think of a name although we like Sugar (suggested by Mia) because as i said, she is very affectionate. I will keep you guys updated and maybe I will post a picture of her later on this week on one of my kitty's pages.
Can you guys think of any other names? We like sugar but we also like names that are really weird.
Thanks!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2