GO!

What should we get for our new cousin?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nefret

A beautiful- thing is never- perfect.

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '07 11:03am PST 
Mummy's sister is adopting a kitten - in about 6 weeks (they were just born 2 weeks ago). Since it's a surprise for our human cousin, mummy and us are gonna get all the stuff together for the kitten so the human kitten (she's 7) will get a nice surprise (she had to earn a kitten by being a responsible and behaved kitten!). smile

Other than the necessaries like a litter box, food, milk, and toys, what would be good for a new kitten moving to her furever home? It's been a while since we were kittens... kitty

~ Nefret & Scruffy
[notify]

Cleopatra- 8/4/96-7/18/- 13

Cleopatra~Queen- of de Nile

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '07 12:19pm PST 
I used to like the rolled cardboard things to sharpen my claws.... Soccer balls, feather teasers, laser lights.... cat bed.... a mall cat condo....
[notify]

♔Gordy♔- DB#20

Gooshy Bear

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '07 12:38pm PST 
Well I am a new kitten in our home and make sure you buy lots and lots of toys. Mom forgot how much energy kittens have and she is glad she bought a ton of toys for me.
Maybe a cozy blanket and a bed would be good. I really like my crinkle tunnel and play in it for hours. Feather toys are a big hit with me too.
[notify]

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 5:46pm PST 
Generally speaking I do not recommend buying animals as presents for other people as they are lifetime commitments and choosing to have a cat is a very personal decision only the caregiver can make. Other wise there is the risk the cat may become a burden or become unwanted.
[notify]

Jarrek

I'm a evil- little monster!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 9:00pm PST 
To Nicholas: It says she's getting the SUPPLIES for her sister not that she's getting the kitten itself MEANING that your arguement is un informed and you need to read what she's says. I'm only getting defensive for her because she's saying clearly that she's buying the supplies NOTadopting the cat that her sister is adopting the cat for her little girl. Also I would intrust that she knows that giveing a person a gift of an animal is unwise unless you know that the person will take care of it no matter what. Anyway! My mommy suggests getting some place for the kitten to hide for the fist day or so untill it adjusts and I think that's a good idea =^-^= ALSO get a bunch of fun jingley toys and a scratch pad. =^-^=
Much love and many purrs from me, my brother Joseph and my mommy.
[notify]

Sky

time to play!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 9:16pm PST 
Rabbit fur mice!! They are my fav! I also really like my squishy cubes. Thay are a good place for me to hide AND play.
[notify]

Jarrek

I'm a evil- little monster!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 11:03pm PST 
oh yesh! Squishy cubes are AWSOME I have one *sheepish grin* I kinda killed it tho.....> Anyway I agree with sky =^-^=
[notify]

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 9:02am PST 
Don't get so pissy I just misread I though ti said she was adopting for her cousin - to understanding she meant her cats cousin ie her sisters daughter or her niece, not that her sister and her were adopting a cat for their cousin - very confusing... =P
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 10:40am PST 
I think a great thing would to find a book for children on pet keeping. I am sure there must be something out there like that. Other than that, lots of toys!!
[notify]

Bailey

Alpha Cat

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '07 12:46pm PST 
Toys, toys and more toys!!!!!!cheer
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2