GO!

Kitten Gender

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 6:45pm PST 
I have a kitten that the breeder said it was a male but i am finding that hard to believe.

he is a 6 week old kitten

who do you find out the gender before things have had a chance to drop

Edited by author Tue Jul 24, '07 6:55pm PST

[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 7:45pm PST 
This is Delyte. Try this: Turn the kitty so his tail is facing you and you are looking directly at his butt. If the openings there look like a colon, " : " then it's a boy. If it looks like a semi-colon, " ; " then it's a girl. You might be able to see little bumps next to the bottom, too. Our person has been able to successfully determine gender of puppies and kittens using this method, although it is easier to do when they are first born and don't have as much fur, and then later when they are closer to developing. Good luck with your kitty!
[notify]

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 8:06pm PST 
oh thats sad Mommy wanted a little boy and she think she got a girl.

She said she would change my name...
OH well I still dont know my name laugh out loud
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 9:10pm PST 
This is Delyte. We hope your person will still keep you and love you no matter whether you are a boy or girl. Your name should be fine, too, for a girl, unless it means something in a language other than English? You are a very very cute kitten and will grow up to be a beauty, so your people should be glad to have you. Once you get fixed, it probably doesn't matter whether you are either, as your own personality will mean more than gender, when you are not interested in sex and territory.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 9:17pm PST 
Look here for actual photos
http://www.thepetcenter.com/exa/kitx.html
[notify]

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 9:40pm PST 
My name is from Japan Ichi being one and Go being guardian.

The thought of taking me back as come to mommy’s mind she has only had me for 7 days and knows the 1st time breeder well. I was the pick of the mixed blood kittens.

Mommy wanted a boy cuddlier you know.

But with mommies thought only came tears. She sad the thought killed a little bit of her.

Mommy also says sorry if she gets confusing she is new to catster (forums any way) and is not used to typing as she says so funny. Lol

Mommy also thanks Hunter for photos she said she looked for about an hour and could not find them
[notify]

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '07 9:44pm PST 
Now mommy is confused. She is a nice mommy just a little air headed sometime.
[notify]

Dusty

I may be furry- but I'm not- girly!

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 6:05pm PST 
Here's an easier answer! Ask a vet! It can be hard to tell depending on coloration and maturity.
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 10:00am PST 
Dear Ichigo:

First, welcome to CATSTER....you sure are a cute kitten! wavewave Be sure to post and let us know if you are a boy or a girl. My mewomy thought I was a girl at first, until one day she got a good look at the part of me that goes through the door last.....and she had to change my name! It originally was Fannie Mae.....now I am Benny Grunch.

Benny Grunchdancing
[notify]

Ichigo

SUPER ICHI!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 12:49pm PST 
I am cute I know I know me and my cute little spots!

And of course i will tell you my gender when find it. IT so lost.
[notify]