GO!

10-wks, am I?!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 7:21am PST 
Hi,

I'm 10 weeks old (boy) and had my first shot a little over a week ago. When I was at the doctor's, he weighed me and I was about two and a half pounds (though I loves to eat, so I probably weigh more now laugh out loud )

Tonight......tonight I got ontop of my sister Cham and.... shock ....I think I may have been bump and grinding red face ?! Is that possible at my age? I wrestle lots with Cham, but never like this. I chewed on her neck and did a little number on her back shh .........Cham just stayed under me kind of meowing like "WTH?"

Any thoughts to this? Is this just a different kind of play? Or does Mommy need to look into fixing me sooner than at 4 or 5 months as she had planned?
[notify]

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 9:27am PST 
I can't really tell much from your photos but kittens don't reach sexual maturity until around 4 months old - maybe you are a little older than your mum thought though. Have you asked the vet to give you an approx. age?
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 4:53pm PST 
Thanks for your response. Heh, I guess you can't tell how I look from my one photo coming from behind smile .

I was born May 14th. Mommy was sent a photo when me and my three siblings were just a few days old...but our Papa is a very big cat, so I guess I'll be big, too.

I guess Mommy will just consider it to be a different kind of play and not worry if something fishy is going down. laugh out loud

Thank you!
[notify]

Toby

Taking it one- crash at a- time...

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '07 5:55pm PST 
If he really was bumpin' & grindin', he would have probably tried to get the other kitty by the nape of the neck. He may be maturing early and mimicking the moves, if you know what I mean. I did that too, but closer to 5 months old...
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 12:37am PST 
I...I was nipping my sister at her neck. shock

And it wasn't the usual neck nipping I do when I want her to wrestle with me...confused

Hmm. I guess Mommy can tell the vet next time we go for our boosters in a couple weeks.

Thanks!
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 11:59am PST 
Kittens can be fixed as early as 8-12 weeks and be fine. In fact, that's about the age range I was in when I was neutered. It's possible that Mooch was just experimenting, but yeah, at the next vet visit he'll be 12 weeks old, and therefore old enough to go through the procedure safely. Plus I hear that when pawrents wait to fix until after kittens have already experienced a heat cycle, they might go through the motions for a while after the procedure, and it is pretty annoying (meowing and spraying) for all involved.

Mommy said she would definitely not wait much longer than 12 weeks for both kittens, because if either kitten goes into heat early, you might find yourself a grandpawrent soon. My mommy was told that my momma cat was about 9 months old when she had me, and I was part of her second litter. If you consider the fact that cat pregnancies run from 57-69 days on average, and do the math backward, this means that a 3 month old cat is not too young to get pregnant!
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 5:53pm PST 
shock

Thanks Boris. I think Mommy will call the vet to ask his advice in that case. I've done my little bump and grind again on my sister a few times since. I won't let go of her neck! It's somehow kind of yummy! confused
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '07 6:09pm PST 
Mommy just called the vet.

He said to try physically taking me off my sister and give me a stern "no" and see how that goes. He'll see me in a couple weeks for my next booster and he wants to try to wait until then.
[notify]