GO!

Whats my coloration???

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Isis

Queen Isis

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 11:24am PST 
Mom thinks I might just be a tabby, but my stripes are different than other tabbys shes seen that are labeled as tabby coloration here on the site. Help!

Also, mom's still trying to name me! She's figured out I'm a little girl and she's open to anny suggestions!
[notify]

Louis- Armstrong - ILM

I'm walkin' to- New Orleans.....

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 12:46pm PST 
Hello Pretty Miss:

We visited your page and gave you a treat and a Rosette. As for a name, how about the name "Nefer"....in the ancient Egyptian language this means "beautiful". (I think you are beautiful....if you will forgive me for being so forward).

Meowmy said you look like a cat she had and his markings were described as "Mackerel Tabby". His name was Thomas O'Malley (she lost him and three other cats in Hurricane Katrina). Many years ago she had a female marked this way also, and her name was Priscilla.

Let us know what your meowmy decides....and visit our pages.

Louis, Emma and Benny Grunch
[notify]

Isis

Queen Isis

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 12:49pm PST 
Thank you very much! I will be sending a friend request your way smile
[notify]

Cindy

Wriggly Bum

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 1:46pm PST 
Gosh you're pretty!! I agree with what was said above coloration wise...

Name wise... Tell your person to go on a baby names site and search for a word that describes you and then choose a name that suits from that... Just an idea..

I think only your person knows you best to pick the right name, plus I'm rubbish at thinking of them..
[notify]

Bellinda - (in loving- mewmory

the magical puff

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 2:24pm PST 
I'm no pro at cat breeds but I think you look like you have a bit of bengal in you. I'm sure you are a mixed breed
Hope it helps
=^..^=
[notify]

the magical puff

I'm no pro at cat breeds but I think you look like you have a bit of bengal in you. I'm sure you are a mixed breed
Hope it helps
=^..^=
[notify]

the magical puff

Hope it helps
=^..^=
[notify]

the magical puff

Hope it helps
=^..^=
[notify]

the magical puff

Hope it helps
=^..^=
[notify]

Graysen (In- Catnip- Heaven!)

Mr. Gray

Purred: Thu Jul 12, '07 7:12pm PST 
I read the articles I have linked below and I think you are a Classic Tabby. There is even a picture in the article "Glorious Tabby" of what a Classic Tabby looks like: http://cats.about.com/cs/tabbycats/a/tabby_cats.htm

Below is the part about tabbies from this webpage on cat Breed/Color: (http://cats.about.com/od/felinegenetics/a/colorpatterns.htm)

"Ta bby cats constitute the oldest and most common pattern seen, and are one of the most popular. They are easily differentiated by their stripes, whorls, and spots, (generally found on their tummies) Striped tabbies are often referred to as "tiger," for obvious reasons. They are also known as "mackerel tabbies." The round bulls-eye marking on a tabby, identifies it as a "classic" tabby. While spotted tabbies sometimes crop up in "barn cats," they are also found in breeds, such as the Ocicat and the American Bobtail."

Purrs, Graysen

Edited by author Thu Jul 12, '07 7:25pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2