GO!

Vet says I'm a huge kitten

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
TJ

TJ's the name,- trouble's the- game

Purred: Wed May 30, '07 6:57am PST 
I looked around for some information on this, but couldn't find anything. My brother and I went to the vet's at the end of last week. Not fun. The vet weighed us at the end of our visit. My brother is 13 pounds and I am 15.6 pounds. The vet said I'm a little pudgy, but for the most part, we're just really big cats. 15.6 pounds seems okay for an adult cat, but I'm only 8 months old. Are there any other kittens this big (or bigger) out there? Are there any cats that were big kittens out there? Are you now really big cats or did your growing level off? We don't know our cat daddy so we don't know how big we might end up being. Any information would be wonderful! Thank you!
[notify]

Midnight

Black fur goes- with everything

Purred: Wed May 30, '07 9:32am PST 
Hey I'm Midnight you do look a little overweight but I'm a very muscular cat say I way more than a look. Also I didn't know my father either but I must have got it from him becaus my mother was a skinny but beutiful siamese. You probably can't tell in my pictures but im a cat to be scared of if you don't know me because thats how I look.

Hope that helpsway to go
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed May 30, '07 10:22am PST 
I was a giant kitten too and now a really big cat. Mom adopted me at 3 months and I was already almost the same size as my 8 year old sister. I continued to grow for a while but leveled out after about a year. My vet said my weight at 15 lbs was OK since I was just big all over. I gained two pounds over the past year and have now taken off one so I am down to 16 where is where mom wants to keep me. I am also about 1-2 inches taller and longer than my sister.

Big kitties Rule!!!
[notify]

Toby

Taking it one- crash at a- time...

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '07 4:23pm PST 
Sounds like he is a big cat! I hope you're not still feeding him kitten food, that has more nutrients for growth which I think he's pretty caught up on! Try using an indoor cat food and check the bag to make sure you're feeding him the right amount each day!
[notify]

Salam

Purred: Sun Jun 10, '07 6:33am PST 
I was also a pretty big kitten. I was never small even when i was a baby. Now i'm 1 years old and 16 pounds. On the picture you can see under my name i was maybe 6 months old.

There is not much to do about big cats...My brother Couscous is about the same age as me, just a little younger and he is half my size ! We eat the same things, its not fair ! LOL

Edited by author Sun Jun 10, '07 6:34am PST

[notify]

Gator

Not a Croc

Purred: Fri Jun 22, '07 4:56pm PST 
My Mommy and Grandma met a really big gray cat at a neighbors once. He/She looked like a giant statue by the kitchen door, then he/she blinked. Mommy was about 5 feet tall at the time and, sitting up, the cat was nearly waist high. The humans didn't know why and the cat was slender like we're suppose to be.
[notify]

Sky

time to play!

Purred: Sun Jun 24, '07 3:51pm PST 
Hi all! This topic caught my attentionbig grin I was given to my human mommies when I was 3 weeks old. I was a foundling, no idea what my kitty mommy and daddy look like. Now, I'm almost 3 months old and I've gotten big! I weigh 4 pounds, and my paws are almost as big as my bubby's, Lyle; he weighs 17 pounds. So, how big does that mean I'm gonna get?! My mommies keep telling Lyle to watch outlaugh out loud Does anybody have a good guess as to how big I'll get? I sure don't.
[notify]

Leonidas

Big Leo!

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 5:11am PST 
I was a huge kitten. They told my person that I was 8 weeks old, but the Vet said I was actually closer to 5 weeks old......Look at me now! 18 pounds of lean, mean dog fighting machine...MOL! So I have issues with dogs...MOL!
[notify]

Benjamin

Make way for- me!

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 8:11am PST 
I came to live with Mom and Dad when I was 8 weeks old. At that time, the vet thought I'd get to be around 15 pounds. So I weigh a little more, oh well. Some cats are just meant to be big!

I'm large and proud of it! Hee hee!
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 11:27am PST 
When I was 8 months old, I went to get neutured at the vet's and I was 10.6 pounds. My littermates and I were always about the same size when we were wee kittens. Even at 8 weeks when my littermates left for their new homes, we were all about the same size. When my mom picked me up from underneath me when I was two weeks old, she could tell I was going to be stocky. My cat mom was a little 7-pound feral and my dad was an average-sized Manx (about 10 or 12 pounds). My half-sister Kahlan is a tiny cat too. I don't know about my brother, but my sisters have a lot of the Manx characteristics now too and they have gained weight.
Now I'm about 18 to 19 pounds, but I'm not fat. The judges always have this straining look at the cat shows when they are taking me out of my waiting cage!

Edited by author Thu Jun 28, '07 11:33am PST

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2