GO!

Cat Treat Recipes

This is the place to share your best homemade cat food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your cat's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:37pm PST 
I've been using freeze-dried chicken breast, beef, and bison as cat treats. I don't add anything to them at all. I freeze-dry all the treats myself. However, I'm looking for a bit of a change of pace for my kitties. I was thinking of using some cooked beef, basting it with vegetable oil, and then sprinkling some chicory root, sea salt, garlic, and a multi-vitamin/mineral powder on it. I was going to do the same with chicken, but maybe not use the vitamin supplement on the chicken. What do you think?
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 7:16pm PST 
Salt and garlic are big no-nos. Garlic is toxic. I do not know about the chicory root if that is even safe. If you want to use an oil use one that is an omega 3 fatty acid oil so at least it has some benefits to them. Salmon or cod oil are good choices. Some other members have good links for these. If its just a treat you should not need a multivitamin/mineral supplement, but if you do use one make sure it is for cats.
[notify]