GO!

vomiting and diets

This is the place to share your best homemade cat food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your cat's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Kaci- Sunshine - Beloved- Angel

Sugar 'n Spice

Purred: Sat Jan 12, '08 8:01am PST 
Hi Gizmo wave

IBS is Irritable Bowel Syndrome. More often you'll hear or read about IBD -- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (although my momma thinks IBS and IBD might be two separate issues).

IBD seems to manifest in two ways: either chronic vomiting (sometimes accompanied by constipation) from inflammation of the upper stomach/intestines and esophagus or chronic diarrhea from inflammation of the lower intestines. IBD is a serious disease and should not be ignored. Untreated, the inflammation gets worse and symptoms will get worse and harder to treat. For severe inflammation, kitties need medication but it should only be short-term. The best long-term way to manage IBD is to change the diet before it's too late.

I have IBD and used to vomit up my food all the time. At that time I ate both dry and wet food. Even though I LOVE dry food, momma had to stop feeding it to me. Now I eat only canned foods and only the ones without grains and by-products and fillers. The wet food helped right away but I would still vomit every few weeks. It took a few months before the inflammation and irritation to my tummy went away. But now I hardly ever vomit.

Also very helpful for IBD are special home made foods and raw foods.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2