GO!

Is she a Himalayan????

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Pyewacket

Full of Life - Live and let- live

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '07 2:14pm PST 
Hello. My Pye was sold to my husband and daughters as being a pure himi at the age of 6 weeks old (too young). She is a wonderful little girl, but she doesn't seem to be gettin much long hair. Her coat is very soft and full, there are a lot of long hairs in it, but it's not as full as I would expect for a Himi. The picture of her posted is at 12 weeks old. I've had a few people on line suggest she may be a Siamese, but her coat is too full/long to be a siamese. What are your opinions? No matter what, I am madly in love with her and wouldn't trade her for the world.
[notify]

Jasmine

Who says I'm not- a dog?!

Purred: Fri Jul 13, '07 9:45am PST 
Hi Pye!...wave......These boards can be a a little slow, so I'll offer my untrained opinion. Your kitty is still very young, so her coat is just beginning to grow out. My Himmie does not have as long or thick of a coat as my Persians did. Your lovely baby looks like a Himalayan to me.... big grin
[notify]

Pyewacket

Full of Life - Live and let- live

Purred: Sun Aug 19, '07 6:15am PST 
Hello. Thank you for your response. How old was your baby before her coat come in looking like a Himi? Pye is about 5 months old now and looking less and less like a himi, but we suspect she may be a ragdoll? The hair on her tail however is starting to get long.
[notify]

Jasmine

Who says I'm not- a dog?!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:30pm PST 
Jasmine will be 2 years old this September, and her coat is still coming in. Her coat changed colors as she was growing. She started out with a very short coat, dark ears, nose, paws and tail. As she grew, her tail got lighter and she grew dark "boots" up higher on her legs. Her mask also grew larger over more of her face.

Only recently has her coat become longer and her tail has started to come back in dark again.

So, while I'm no expert, I'd say that it could take up to 2 years for the adult coat to fill out.
[notify]

Mylo- 1989-2009

Sweet Bridge- Angel

Purred: Sun Dec 30, '07 12:48pm PST 
Looks JUST like me when I was that age!!! Sometimes Himmies will have more Siamese features. I do. My head is not as wide, my nose is not as flat, and my ears are a bit bigger than my brother, Gysmo.
[notify]

Garcia

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 10:30am PST 
Although I am no expert, I am inclined to say that she is probably either, a ragdoll, or a siamese, hymalayan mix. She appears to have a very full coat, quite thick, but not very long.

I have both a "dollfaced" himmy, and a purebred "extreme faced" himmy, and both had quite long hair well before they were 8 months old.
[notify]