GO!

Should I wipe my cat's butt?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Rice

Trickster

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 3:15am PST 
I can't help but to notice Rice's crusty butt everyday I return from work. She is pretty laid back about it and only cleans it when she goes to bed for the night. When she wakes up, she goes to the litter box and the cycle continues all over again.

Something tells me not to wipe as it would probably upset her, but she loves to stuff her butt on my face and sit on my neck during cuddle time, and...well its dirty >_<

I am also worried if I help her wipe, she will depend on me to help her afterwards in the future.

So should I help her wipe? Or am I just being too clean crazy, hope to hear your opinion.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 8:58am PST 
Some cats need a little help to keep their butts clean shrug A damp towel will work or you can buy pet grooming wipes.
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 6:54pm PST 
Hello Rice & Merlin,

Yes it's perfectly fine to give a wipe, specially after a #2 poo business! eek

As Merlin suggested a damp towel or Pet wipes.
I used to buy unscented Pet wipes, they work quite well!
Now,I used a wet warm piece of Bounty or Brawny paper towel, the warmth feels good to her!

I have to wipe Kally Kat's butt as she likes to sleep on my pillow right where my head is & start washing me upps! laugh out loud

Just like you say Rice, Kally Kat's usually puts her butt around my head.
Us Hooman Momkatts gotta do what Mommies do to help out the litta ones.

I never had a long haired cat before they sometimes need a litta help.

Good luck with your Rice.
I'm quite sure she won't mind while you sweet baby talk to her telling her what a good girl you are!

Purrs,
Kally Kat
[notify]

Rice

Trickster

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 8:51pm PST 
Thanks Merlin and KallyKat

I will give Rice a wipe laugh out loud
[notify]