GO!

Sanitary shaving a cat

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Sully

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 4:15pm PST 
My Sully just can't keep herself clean so I thought I may try to to shave her. Can anyone recommend a cheap shaver to use? Or maybe a better way to do this?
[notify]

Jack

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 10:50pm PST 
I had to get a sanitary shaving once. I was not fond of it, but momma had the vet do it. It helped me catch up on my grooming, and I haven't had to have one since. Not every cat will sit still for a grooming like that, so if worst comes to worst, your vet can do it.
[notify]

Zoe

Purred: Tue Mar 12, '13 10:15pm PST 
I had to have this done at my vet's office a couple of times because I am a bit, um, fluffy. Mama felt bad for me because my bottom looked kind of funny without any fur. Those vinyl floors are cold too!

She tried pet wipes and unscented baby wipes but they irritated me. Now she just buys cheap washcloths, cuts them into eight triangles and uses warm water. She just tosses each piece when she's done. I didn't like it at first, but I'm used to it now. She has to do it about every other day or I get itchy and scoot.

I hope that once I start my raw diet I can lose a bit of weight and reach myself a little better.

Edited by author Tue Mar 12, '13 10:17pm PST

[notify]