GO!

Long hair tips - matting - (plus gravol question...)

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 3:22pm PST 
Bump was just a kitten, and I didn't have the kittens yet, when they got switched to Blue Wilderness. Smokey was about 2 yrs old, and I had a heck of a time, keeping the matts out of her, even with baths and daily combing, and her fur was real greasy, and she had dandruff. Prowler is short fur, no matts, but he had dandruff too. Now, no more matts, no more greasy fur, no more dandruff, mol.

On the BB site, people post that their dogs had skin issues, nothing helped, they switched to Blue Wilderness, no more skin issues. Getting them off the grains and glutens did the trick, and Blue Wilderness has the omega 3 & 6, and antioxadants. laugh out loudwaveway to gohug
[notify]

Flossie!

40% fur 60%- attitude

Purred: Fri Mar 9, '12 7:25pm PST 
Hi again!
Here is a link to a page that sells them: www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3330

I agree with bumpurr, food makes a huge difference. I feed Flossie Wellness, which is grain free, her coat is still a little coarse but she also takes lysine supplements, and a grainy dry vet food.
My mom has had great luck with her Maine Coon and feeding him Holistic Selects. She said within 6 months he was sleek, shiny, and mat free. He has also lived 5 years longer than any cat she has had before, and at 15 runs around like a kitten. I'm not saying it is just the food doing it, but I'm sure it helps!
I have another tip too. you may have noticed I asked a grooming question about Flossie's insanely long fur in this forum, so I figure as I learn the ropes I can share with you. smile

If your friend is willing you could find a groomer who will let you watch while they groom him. I did this last weekend, they were able to show me how to comb the Floss monster, recommended some new tools for intermittent loose hair removal, and then showed me how to use them. It was invaluable, and because I was "helping" they gave me a discount!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2