GO!

My winter coat is 4 inches long...help?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Flossie!

40% fur 60%- attitude

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 2:16am PST 
Hi there! My lovely Flossie is almost 8 months old. The fur on her back, scruff and tail is almost 4" long and super thick/downy. I have had a lot of medium to long haired cats, but this is crazy! She gets brushed once per day (which she loves), and combed once per day(which she hates!!). She is super rambunctious, and combing this crazy long fur is not only difficult to do, it really hurts her- especially by her tail. The combing is absolutely necessary now that her fur has filled out, but she squirms and bites and runs away. Does anyone out there have a super long haired kitty? How can I make the combing less awful and more like brushing ( happy mush time with mom)? Any tips?

Thanks everybody,

Flossie's mom
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 2:55pm PST 
What kind of comb, do you use? wave
[notify]

Flossie!

40% fur 60%- attitude

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 8:53pm PST 
It's a comb for dogs, I think it's called a puppy and toy comb. It's little! I bought it because it fits between her front legs smile
[notify]