GO!

emery cat

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Little Miss- Skitty Kitty

skitty's in love

Purred: Sun Jan 31, '10 8:35am PST 
has anyone tried emrey cat & what is your experience??
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Sat Feb 6, '10 8:03pm PST 
I would also like to know if any Kitties here have tried it also! All 3 of us would like to use one..mol
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun Feb 7, '10 11:40am PST 
I have not purchased the Emery Cat, but I have read a lot of reviews-- seems like there are a lot of complaints about the price- it is advertised as 2 for 19.99, but by the time you are done paying extra for the base, shipping etc. you spend about $70.00 shock

People who said their cat actually used the Emery Cat said that the cat did not use it enough to make a significant difference in their claws thinking

If you google it, you will get tons of info smile
[notify]

CELINE

little bit

Purred: Mon Feb 8, '10 4:57am PST 
thanks for the info we were wondering too!!!!
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Thu Feb 11, '10 9:11pm PST 
Thanks. I think PetCo has something a lot like it. It is sold for @ $24.00 I will check more closely when I am there working for Nutro this weekend.
[notify]

P.C.

aka, Squeeker,- Toeboy or- Perfict Cat

Purred: Sat Mar 6, '10 9:03pm PST 
OK.. here it goes!!!!! MeowMa bought us one frown What a disappointment!
I LOVE my "Whisker City" cat scratcher so much more. Though it is a GREAT product, just not designed very well for cats like us. We like the inclined or the completely flat scratchier. Though Mom does like the plastic holder better than the cardboard ones. It just needs to redesigned Imho. But Meowma says that if one does not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all.... what ever that means, mol
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun Mar 7, '10 5:49am PST 
Oh, thats too bad! Maybe another cat you know would like it? wink

All of our rejected stuff goes to our cousin Sassy way to go

Edited by author Sun Mar 7, '10 5:50am PST

[notify]

Little Bit

i dont know what- that is, but i- want it!

Purred: Sun May 2, '10 11:11am PST 
i hope no one minds that i'm responding to such an old thread, but i wanted to share my experience - i bought the emery cat and my younger cat, little bit, loves it. it took her a while to realize it was supposed to be scratched - at first, she was more interested in the fuzzy toy it came with - but now she absolutely loves it and scratches on it several times a day. my older cat, however, sniffed at the catnip it came with but hasn't shown an interest in it since. so, i suppose whether they scratch it or not really depends on the cat. and for those of you worried about shipping (which, yikes... didn't realize it got that high), you can buy it at most major drug stores and retailers. i got mine at walgreens for 19.99 and it came with the base, toy, and catnip
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun May 2, '10 7:44pm PST 
Hi Little Bit wave

Does it help keep claws trimmed?? thinking
[notify]

Little Bit

i dont know what- that is, but i- want it!

Purred: Sat May 8, '10 10:38am PST 
hi tasha!

the material covering the emery cat board is actually the exact same material that's on an emery file for your fingernails (considering the name, it's funny how that surprised me - i guess i assumed the material would be similar, or would work in a similar way). so, when they scratch it, it has the same effect as taking an emery board and filing down their claws - only they enjoy it, and don't cry in protest party i've always hated trimming their nails because it was always a tiring group effort (one person to hold, one person to trim), and after it was over they would scratch on anything and everything to get them sharpened back up. with emery cat, her nails stay filed and her urge to scratch is satisfied at the same time
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3