GO!

PLEASE HELP!!

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Presley- Dreamette- #27a

ROCKSTAR DIVA~

Purred: Fri Jan 1, '10 9:07am PST 
Does anyone know how to clean a drinkwell other than just using the tools you buy to clean it?? I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I really need to know, I would appreciate any info you could give me. I have heard it should be cleaned with vinegar, if so how much do I use ??? Thanks so much, confused
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Fri Jan 1, '10 2:31pm PST 
We had the Drinkwell Platinum- and it used to get extremely slimy. I used to scrub it the best I could with the tools and then let it dry out before filling it again. But the slime would always return confused

I hope other Catsters have better suggestions for you!
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Fri Jan 1, '10 9:49pm PST 
Another "natural" way to clean is to use baking soda mixed in water or sprinkle on a damp sponge, cloth or the tools. You can try googling "vinegar" or "baking soda" for cleaning suggestions.

Edited by author Fri Jan 1, '10 9:51pm PST

Presley- Dreamette- #27a

ROCKSTAR DIVA~

Purred: Sat Jan 2, '10 7:20am PST 
Thanks, I went to google and found a video on how to clean the drinkwell, you simply take the pump out then you can really clean everything with hot water, here is the link if anyone is interested,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRIMn336Ds, the hot water gets all the slim out and everything, thanks for your help~

Hugs, Presley happy dancehappy dance
[notify]

Munky

I'm kneady

Purred: Sat Jan 2, '10 7:22pm PST 
We just clean ours with dish soap and water. And our water is super hard (or is it soft when there's minerals in it), so we use the water from our Arrowhead cooler in it to help eliminate the mineral deposits that used to collect.
[notify]