GO!

grooming - brushes for short haired cats

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Milla

Purred: Thu Apr 9, '09 3:00pm PST 
is there a specific hair brush i should get for my cat that's specific to short haired pets?

i have a domestic short hair cat and i've been using a brush that has the metal teeth on one side and a bristle brush on the other. it doesn't seem to catch her hair very well and she did have a bad hairball recently. i wonder if a fine tooth comb would be better?

thanks.
[notify]

Smudge

I play, therefor- I am!

Purred: Thu Apr 9, '09 3:08pm PST 
Hi. I have the same two-sided brush for my cats. In addition, I just got a Furminator and more hair actually came off of the DSH than the DLH; I was amazed at how well it worked! I brush them with the soft brush after the Furminator and that help removes some of the left over hair. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion though; I'm not an expert!
[notify]

Hobert von- Kingston III

Is it Caturday- yet?

Purred: Thu Apr 9, '09 3:32pm PST 
We use the Bamboo equivalent to the furminator. It's wonderful and really makes a huge difference. I agree that those little wire/bristle brushes don't seem to do squat.
[notify]

Khina

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Thu Apr 9, '09 8:16pm PST 
Zoom Groom! It is absolutely the only thing that gets in and grabs the loose fur. I have a stiff top coat and any other type of brush or comb just glides over the top of everything. Plus it feels like a massage.
[notify]

Mr. Fez- (Angel- Dreamboat- #25)

Hippie Kitty

Purred: Thu Apr 9, '09 8:46pm PST 
I second the Furminator and Zoom Groom - I have both and they work fantastic!
[notify]

Alfie♥Forever Loved

Little boy in a- catsuit

Purred: Fri Apr 10, '09 4:11am PST 
I third the furminator and zoom groom
cheercheercheer
Alfie
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Apr 10, '09 8:28am PST 
Meowma got me a Zoom Groom and apparently I'm the only kitty in the world that just hates it! But, I have one of those double sided brushes also (the big, dog sized one) and I LOVE to be brushed really, really hard with the steel tooth side, and then the side that looks like a human hairbrush--then again; repeat until Meowma's arm is worn out. Do it some more later in the day. We actually get a LOT of hair off this way--guess all kitties are different.
[notify]

Cookie

King of Mummy's- Lap

Purred: Fri Apr 10, '09 12:45pm PST 
i use the half bristle and half brush to cookie as well hes a short hair too it was a bit expensive i got it from petsmart and works really well
[notify]

Hazel Lucy &- Mazie & Max

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Fri Apr 10, '09 3:50pm PST 
In my humble opinion, nothing works like the THE FURMINATOR . I love being combed and brushed but the Furminator removes the downy undercoat which is often what is eaten.
I love this grooming tool!

Cookie, I'm putting you on the get well purr list:
Catsters in Need of Serious Purring thread
[notify]

Milla

Purred: Tue May 12, '09 5:50pm PST 
i bought the furminator and it's amazing!!! thank you!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2