GO!

When I pee, my furs get wet.

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Milo

Daddys little- buddy

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '09 12:28pm PST 
After I go pee, the furs on my behind are wet. My mommy thinks it's because my fur is longer around there, so she follows me around with tissues so that I don't sit my wet behind down on anything.

Should she get me, um, trimmed down there? Do they do brazilian waxes for cats (lol). I am neutered but I still have remnants of being a boy, so I don't know if that's why.

Any thoughts?red face
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '09 5:33pm PST 
Usually, after they go pee, they usually lick their bee-hind, kinda like us
ladies have to wipe ourselves, and it would be wet there, if we didn't. big grin

Does he not lick his bee-hind after he goes pee? big grin

If your concerned about him sitting on something, when he is wet, you
can use unscented baby wipes, just make sure there is no alcohol in them. big grin

He is SH, so not really as much of an issue, if he were LH. I definately
would not get him trimmed back there, mol. Not sure what you mean
about him being neutered, but still remenents of him being a boy. He is
still going to have balls, they just suck the sack out, so now the balls are
smaller, but they are still there. big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Milo

Daddys little- buddy

Purred: Thu Mar 26, '09 1:05pm PST 
My other cat (now deceased) didn't have balls. Maybe he was neutered before they decended? Anyway I thought that could be part of the problem.

Milo does wash up, but he's blue russian and has a double coat, and he has a layer of longer fur as well as short fur. Sometimes, his bum is wet. I have to watch to see if he washes up immediately. I just never had this problem with my other boy.

Edited by author Thu Mar 26, '09 1:09pm PST

[notify]

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Thu Mar 26, '09 7:01pm PST 
I had fluffy pants and a groomer showed mom something she called a "sanitary cut". Basically a trim in the behind area.
Worked for me wink
I was unneuterd for 10 years and neutered for almost another 14 and it didn't make much of a difference in wet furs either way.

Purrrrs,
Biscuit
[notify]

Furman- Dexter- Baggins

Purring fur- Rizzy's Nanny- Jan

Purred: Wed May 6, '09 5:05pm PST 
I have gotten the sanitary trim a couple of times and it was good. Not only did it help with the pee pee, but I no longer got...um....clinger-oners after pooping MOL.
[notify]