GO!

manx keeps getting icky?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Thu Mar 5, '09 5:00pm PST 
By the way, we were intrigued to learn that Manxes can be long haired. Learn something new every day...
[notify]

Maynrys- R.I.P.

I love my daddy!

Purred: Fri Mar 6, '09 9:42am PST 
Hi, I am a rumpy and have problems with my cleanness "down there". It is a good idea to have your Manx checked for health issues as there are problems that can arise from our tailless state. Mommy did this with me, but I checked out to be healthy in that area.

However, I still get dirty around my bum. The vet said, and after observations my folks agree, that the fur around where the base of a tail would be is normally held away from the actual anus by the tail. Without a tail, the fur folds around the anus area. When I have a bowel movement, by bum area becomes dirtier than my tailed step-siblings. The vet recommend that some trimming of that area would help.

Mom and Dad have also noticed that my very round, barrel shape impedes my from reaching down there very well. Are you able to reach there well? Perhaps this is an issue with you, too. If it turns out you are healthy and a trim of your fur doesn't help, there are pet wipes that can be used to help keep that area clean.

Good luck!
[notify]

Zoe our- Princess- 4ever Loved

In Memory of our- Shadow Dancer

Purred: Sat Apr 11, '09 9:30am PST 
Mom says it's more than likely a diet issue. She's had Manx for 30 years and not one could eat regular cat food. Guess they know they're special so insist on special food! laugh out loud

We've never had a Cymric (long haired) though.

We're hoping the problem gets resolved soon. way to go
[notify]

Princess

Don't touch me.- Give me food and- leave!

Purred: Sat Apr 11, '09 6:59pm PST 
I think it was the food. I switched the cats food because petco didn't have wellness for some reason. I gave them Natural Balance instead (They love it a lot more) and I noticed she hasn't had a problem since.
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Sat Apr 11, '09 7:49pm PST 
That's great Princess! K.C. and I love Natural Balance too!

big grinhappy dance

Edited by author Sat Apr 11, '09 7:49pm PST

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2