GO!

Eye boogers!

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Sophia &- Maddie

Partners in- Crime!

Purred: Sun Nov 23, '08 6:52pm PST 
Hi everyone! My name is Maddie. My BFF Sophie and I are new members, so forgive me if this topic has already been covered! My mom's been getting kinda worried cause I always seem to have eye boogies. frown Sometimes Her and Dad have to wipe them a few times a day to make me look pretty again. Its not anything too crazy, no other symptoms, just more of a nuisance than anything. Anyone else ever have this problem?!
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Thu Nov 27, '08 10:20pm PST 
Hi Maddie! It's great to meet you. I have eye boogies too. I don't have them everyday but during different times of years they are worse than others. My vet said as long as the boogies are brown and dry there is nothing to worry about. Even if they are moist once in a while, they are fine as long as it isn't every day or it isn't consistently green.
[notify]

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Sat Nov 29, '08 4:59pm PST 
wave Hi Sophie and Maddie!! Welcome to Catster!!

I agree with everything Marina said because my Vet said the same thing. I will get eye boogies every once in awhile but end up cleaning them away by myself.

hug
[notify]

Sophia &- Maddie

Partners in- Crime!

Purred: Sun Nov 30, '08 8:01am PST 
Thanks guys! I was starting to think it was just me!! My mommy and daddy took me to the vet yesterday for my shots and the doc said the same thing.. I feel alot better now smilecloud 9
[notify]

Allie

Wild Woman!

Purred: Sun Nov 30, '08 8:48am PST 
My problem is they stain my white fur!

Anycat have an idea for cleaning my fur? I can't get it off by myself.

We tried some wipes designed for that, but they didn't work. confused
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Dec 9, '08 3:37pm PST 
Allie, go to the CFA (Cat Fanciers Association) website, then click on
Breeds, then click on Persians. I couldn't pull up the site tonight.

Persians are prone to runny eyes, because of the build of their faces, and
they come in white. For a show, they cannot have stained faces, so if you
search the site for Persians, it says something about the care of Persians.

Or if that doesn't give you an anser, click on breeders, and find one that
shows, they would be glad to tell you how they keep their faces from
being stained. I know they do use eye wipes, and one brand might work
better than another. Hope this helps. smile smile smile
[notify]

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Sun Jan 4, '09 4:33am PST 
When my kittens started getting the occasional eye booger, I was afraid they might have a URI, but then it occurred to me that even humans get eye boogers (which we often call "sleep"). Since the kittens aren't showing any other URI signs, I think that all is well.
[notify]