GO!

Litter box breath

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Bell Witch

Halloween Kitty

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 8:41am PST 
Hi everyone,
Kali has very bad breath which is so bad that it semlls like her litter box. Is there anything we can do to make her breath smell better?
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 2:01pm PST 
Talk to your vet. Halitosis can be a symptom of a serious medical problem. Once that's been ruled out, you can decide how to treat it.

Cats with Bad Breath

Edited by author Sun Oct 26, '08 2:02pm PST

Pepper

Please Save a- Life, Adopt a- Cat!

Purred: Mon Oct 27, '08 5:56am PST 
Pepper had (still does a bit) bad breath, it turned out she had some dental problems that were probably pretty painful. Also started biting more than usual... If she seems otherwise ok, you can probably bring it up at your yearly exam... but if you suspect there might me more going on you should probably bring her in... some of those diseases are painful
[notify]

Kali

Purred: Mon Oct 27, '08 12:27pm PST 
Hi evfurryone,
I was checked out by the docs at the Animal Rescue League in Boston before Meowmy and Daddy officially adopted me and they said I was fine. I do tend to bite Meowmy and Daddy but when Meowmy tells me to please stop I do. Daddy asks me I just look at him and do it again anyway lol. But Meowmy thinks I get over excited and thats why I bite and has been very patient in working with me on this. So I wont bite Daddies Grand kids when they come over to get their Christmas gifts this year.
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Tue Oct 28, '08 11:45am PST 
Well your profile says your cat was adopted in August, so she may have been perfectly healthy then. If she hasn't been to a vet since, I would take her again to rule out a medical problem. Dental problems that lead to bad breath in cats can be very serious and painful.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri Dec 12, '08 4:09pm PST 
I would definately take her to a vet and get her checked out. I would ask
for blood work to see if there is an underlying prob.

smilesmilesmilebig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]