GO!

Has anyone used Soft Paws?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Tiger

Don't leave,- Mommy and Daddy!- Stay!

Purred: Sat Dec 20, '08 10:38pm PST 
We used to Softpaw Kali and Tiger b/c Kali likes to play mountain climber. And when we first got her, she seemed to think she should scale Mommy and she'd leave scratches on mommy. Tiger doesn't usually claw furniture and if she does, Mommy tells her to stop and she does, so we don't even clip Tiger's claws. She's such a good cat. She keeps her claws strong and taken care of by using the two 54" scratching posts we have. She's so long and tall, she can stretch up on a 45 degree angle and reach the top. But it is the tallest post they make out there. Kali, on the other hand, is a bad girl and scratches furniture and has to be pulled up of it. NO doesn't work with her. She's stopped scaling mommy's legs and back and just scales the kitty condo and some of the wing back chairs, but we don't softpaw her, b/c if she gets in a feud with Tiger, it would put her at an unfair disadvantage. Tiger has the longest torso I've ever seen on a cat and at 13 lbs, the vet said she wasn't overweight. A very large alley cat must have been her father. I do occasionally spray the furniture with an organic pet deterrent, but Kali and Tiger have been pretty good to the furniture. If Tiger wouldn't take her softpaws off right away, I would have them both softpawed regularly, but Tiger is such a good girl, she doesn't need them.

Allison
[notify]

Purza (In- Loving- Memory)

Purred: Sat Jan 3, '09 7:40pm PST 
Mom put them on me a couple of times when I was little. They worked fine on me and popped off in a couple of weeks. After wearing them twice in a row, I learned not to try to scratch the furniture and I didn't need them any more.

My sister Saki got them, and bit them off within 2 days. Tee hee.

Grandma used them on her kitty, and they often wouldn't fall off on their own. Grandma had to take them off before the claw got so long that it would grow into the paw. She learned that if you cut the tip of the plastic cap off, the rest would fall right off. That way you don't have to pull or yank to get them off.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2