GO!

Has anyone used Soft Paws?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Thu Sep 11, '08 9:41pm PST 
Anyone used them? If you did, did you like them? Did they stay on well? I'm thinking of buying some but not sure if it is worth it.
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Tue Sep 16, '08 10:34pm PST 
I've used Soft Paws and they work great! They stayed on me an average of 4-6 weeks. I didn't seem to mind wearing them at all. They come in many fun colors too!
[notify]

Milo Reyna

Momma's Moe

Purred: Wed Sep 17, '08 10:57pm PST 
I've used them on my Cat Casper, They worked Really well.
[notify]

Mezzanotte

Are you trying- to eat my- kibbles?!

Purred: Sun Sep 28, '08 5:12pm PST 
We both use them and they stay on a while. At first we were squirmy but now we know we'll get treats after they are on so its fun for us. We get ours at Petsmart and have noticed the caps now have a ridged inside which helps them adhere even better. Just make sure you follow the directions and only fill the cap 1/3 way with glue. The first time I applied them I overfilled and the cap stuck to the fur on my cats' feet. Poor kitties.....shrug
[notify]

☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Tue Sep 30, '08 8:32pm PST 
They worked great on me, but mom had no luck with Lucy or Adobe. Mine lasted for up to 3 weeks and came in cool colors. Lucy's came off after a week(she chewed them) and Adobe squirmed so much mom was only able to 1 paw done. He almost instantly chewed 1 off, 1 got stuck to something, and 1 somehow hurt his claw.

Many groomers will attach them for you for a fee.
[notify]

Coco

I'm cute and- know it.

Purred: Sat Nov 22, '08 8:19pm PST 
I've always gotten the clear ones from Petsmart but decided to try their new red and green holiday ones. The kitties don't like the colored ones. I think its b/c it catches their attention unlike the clear ones. The day after I applied the christmas ones, I kept finding chewed up ones around the house. Clear ones are great though!
[notify]

April- (forever in- my Heart)

Purred: Sun Nov 23, '08 7:28am PST 
They worked well in my house however we did have a problem with them not wanting to come off. SO if you use them start checking their feet at about the 4 to 6 week mark because you may have to pull them off yourself. My mom felt really bad when she realized the soft paw was starting to grow into my pad because it hadn't popped off like it was supposed to
[notify]

*~* Angel *~* NightCrawler

One With The- Night *R.I.P- Sweet Baby*

Purred: Sun Nov 23, '08 12:51pm PST 
It depends on the kitty... our cousin Chase would get them done at the vet's office ($18 for both paws) and sometimes it would last for a month, other times he'd chew them right off within a couple days. shrug
[notify]

Boo

I'm not shy

Purred: Tue Dec 2, '08 5:43pm PST 
I chewed them off within hours. Meoma gave up and is just trimming my nails now. big laughbig laugh
[notify]

Gilligan

As Sneaky as can- be-YEP it's me!!

Purred: Tue Dec 2, '08 6:00pm PST 
HEHEHEHE!!! I got Mommy to stop pestering us with those things!! We USED to wear them religously. I HATED them!! I would chew off the tip of every single one of them over night while Mommy and Daddy were sleeping. They'd get up and I would have at least 3-4 missing and every day mommy had to replace them on me. My nails DO shed A LOT and QUICKLY so part of it wasn't my fault.
Mommy's last straw came when she went away on vacation and came home to find a Soft Paw had been on sister so long that it had started growing into her paw pad. It's good it was sister and not me, because sister is tolorant and sweet and never hisses or swats. She spent 2 hrs in the bathroom with mommy as mommy tried to get the Soft paw off without hurting her. Eventually it came off and mommy held both of us, looked into our eyes and promised she would NEVER put those "nasty things" onto our feet again. She and Daddy started clipping our nails every week and we don't claw the funiture at all.
We do realize that if you are thinking about soft paws or declawing soft paws are the way to go!!! Declawing was never an option in our home (thankfully!!!!), but Mommy also realizes that if she does not do her job and keep our nails trimmed then it's not our fault if we work over her furniture because we're just doing what comes natual to us to help us get rid of our nail shell. Good luck with them if your mommy puts them on (and remember, you can chew the tip off and they'll fall off real quick!!!) wink
-Gilligan
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2