GO!

Feline Pine Litter Box?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Wed Jul 23, '08 7:38am PST 
Does anyone who uses Feline Pine litter (original) use this http://www.felinepinelitterbox.com/ ?

It seems like such a good idea, I was just wondering if anyone has used it and if it works.
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 9:40am PST 
I got mine in the mail today and it is the best thing I have ever bought off the internet. It works soooo perfectly with this litter
[notify]

Little Bee

The Buzzin' Bee

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '08 9:02pm PST 
We use Feline Pine cat litter. Tho it tracks a little it's by far our favorite and mommy's too (it doesn't stick in the bottom of the box).
We haven't tried the special catbox we didn't know they made one, but we'd sure like to try it!

Thanks for the info!

Always buzzzin around,
Little Bee
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '08 5:46am PST 
So far it seems great, you just wiggle the box a little from side to side and the sawdust falls into the bottom tray so you can throw that away and save the clean pellets. You just need to keep a handful of pellets, or sawdust, in the bottom tray to soak up any urine that might fall through.
[notify]

KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '08 6:22am PST 
Me and my sisfur use "Worlds Best Cat Litter"
we love it.
[notify]

Cesare

The Prince

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '08 3:55pm PST 
My mommy works part-time at Target and has heard about Feline Pine from lots of kitty parents. Nothing but raves. The only word of caution she's heard is that you need to be sure to get the scoopable kind and that you should mix it in with the normal litter to get your little one use to it.
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Wed Jul 30, '08 4:08pm PST 
Cesare,

I do not use the scoopable kind, I use the original pellet kind. Many cats have a problem transitioning to this because of the texture difference between hard pellets and traditional litters. It can be done, but I've heard of many "accidents" in the process. The scoopable feline pine is a good litter, but I think the original works a lot better. But, my kitten's breeder used Feline Pine, so when I wanted to switch I just threw out his old litter and gave him a fresh tray of the pellets and he was fine. Obviously it's not this easy for everyone.
[notify]

Gracie

I'm the baby,- gotta love me!

Purred: Fri Aug 1, '08 7:29pm PST 
Atrus is right. Feline Pine Scoopable was a bust at our house. We did not have any accidents, but Boris (my brofur) didn't think the litter absorbed enough odor, and so he would go nuts trying to hide his poo. He'd spend at least 10 minutes digging trying to hide poo, and then he would fake dig outside, and he would go back in and check and it still smelled to him. It's like he had feline OCD. Mom felt that it was too much stress for him.

Feline Pine Scoopable also made our litter tracking much worse than what we used before. Mom had hoped to use the scoopable kind to get us to use the original kind (which she has heard really good things about and which apparently does do a better job of controlling the odor). Alas, we'll have to figure out some other way to get there.

Edited by author Fri Aug 1, '08 7:30pm PST

[notify]

Rusty

I AM on a- low-carb diet!

Purred: Wed Sep 3, '08 11:33am PST 
I use Feline Pine and I have the sieve litter box and I love it. My paws are never full of that dusty yucky litter. Make sure you like the litter first, then have your mom order their litter pans. I wish my mom would have bought 2 in the first order - she was thinking she would order 1 and see how it works and then order a 2nd but I really wish she would have just ordered 2 in the first place. Shipping for 1 pan is $10 and shipping for 2 pans is $11!
[notify]

Boo Winkle

Did someone say- FOOD?

Purred: Wed Oct 15, '08 3:53pm PST 
Meow!
My brofur Rocky and I love our Feline Pine. We started with the pellets but we didn't like it on our soft feeties. So Mom saw the Scoopable stuff and let us try it. We are so glad she did. It's true it does track a bit because its very soft and fluffy and sometimes a little bit sticks to our feet or fur from static cling. But its really easy to vacuum up. And Mom bought one of those litter catcher things and put it next to our box and it helps a lot.
Some of Mom's friends use it for their furbabies too and they say they can flush the poo and clumps in the toilet. But Mom says no, that's not a good idea here in Calfornia, because our poo has some microscopic critters in it that the water treatment plants can't sort out so the critters get in the San Francisco Bay and it makes the Otters sick. But other than that we LOVE our Feline Pine.
Mom didn't know there was a special litter box for it. Unfortunately, she spent a whole bunch of money on one of those Scoop Free electric autoclean boxes awhile back before she discovered FP. Feline Pine doesn't work so well with it because its so fluffy it won't fall through the auto rake so she just turned it off and now we just use it like a VERY expensive manual litter box. Oh well.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2