GO!

Girls Just Want to Be Pretty

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Heidi

Just pokin' my- head out for a- minute..

Purred: Tue Aug 2, '05 6:34pm PST 
Do you have a female kitty who grooms a lot? I am a girl living with three boys. They hardly ever take care of themselves--Jack is always filthy, Tiek gets matted if he doesn't get brushed, Frankie always has garden detritus hanging off of him. But several times a day I spend a lot of time bathing, combing, getting the smells off, making myself pretty. The old *itch Cinnamon was the same way. Does your female kitty do this "compulsive grooming" behavior? Is this a girl thing?
[notify]

Aragorn

Mommy's Handsome- Boy

Purred: Tue Aug 2, '05 9:04pm PST 
I'm a boy, but I groom myself all the time. Besides, the more I bathe myself, the less Mom feels like she needs to give me a bath. And I HATE baths! Maybe if your Mom gave your brothers baths more often, they would start grooming themselves like I do.
[notify]

Lydia

A Little Loopy

Purred: Wed Aug 3, '05 1:46pm PST 
I LOVE TO GROOM. Not only do I groom myself, but I love to groom the other three cats I live with. It's a groom fest! Sometimes we will be playing and just flop down and groom each other. I was even able to groom the old grumpy lady cat. She prefers to groom herself, but a few times she let me groom her forehead before she got annoyed and hissed at me.
[notify]

Mugsy

A bit of- sweetness

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '05 7:16am PST 
Yes, I am a very clean little girly myself. Sometimes I groom so much, when my mom picks me up she complains because I am so wet! My older brother doesn't hardly groom at all, but it might be because he is getting older and just doesn't bother anymore. But I know I feel better if I'm looking pretty!
[notify]

Bram

Purred: Thu Aug 4, '05 9:06pm PST 
Groom? Of course! I also have to groom those boys too. They never take care of themselves. Honestly, what would they do without me?
[notify]

Tommy The Cat

No slobbery dog- kisses - Please.......

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '05 11:33pm PST 
My mom brushes me and I do the rest.

Unless Elvis slobbers on me with those yecky!!! dog kisses.

Then it takes me hours to get that gross dog smell off of me.
[notify]