GO!

Fleas & a human baby

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Winter

Did I just hear- the treat jar- rattle?

Purred: Sun Oct 14, '07 11:33am PST 
Hey guys! I have some questions about fleas... I have read some of the other posts so I got some good info there, but I have a few more Q's... thinking

A friend of mine came to me today with what he thinks are flea bites (they LOOK like flea bites). He does not have any pets at his apartment, but thier neighbor has 4 cats which are indoor outdoor cats. I know it is possible to bring fleas in from outside regardless of how many animals are out there, but these neighbors are kind of... um... "shady" and are not the most responsible pet owners out there. confused Anyway, I told him to do the water dish with detergent/ night light flea test and he will let me know what he finds in the morning. What worries us all is that he has a 7 month old son. If it turns out there are fleas in the apartment, what kind of product can we use that is effective yet safe for a 7 month old?? Is there some kind of bug repellent that we can use on the baby in the mean time since it will take a few weeks to kill the little buggars? If Dad and Mom are already getting flea bites how soon will it be before they are biting the baby?? shock

Edited by author Sun Oct 14, '07 11:35am PST

[notify]

Winter

Did I just hear- the treat jar- rattle?

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '07 7:19pm PST 
anyone???
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '07 8:07pm PST 
Hi Winter. I wish I knew more about getting rid of fleas. My friend Binks's mom told me that she used a company called Fleabusters once and loved them. She has kitties and a little girl. I think you can search them on the website.

I would suggest asking a dr or vet what is safetest for the baby. Good luck.
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '07 7:20am PST 
Winter:

In the past our meowmy has used the "Flea Foggers" sold in home improvement stores. Read the directions carefully, and EVERYONE has to be out of the apartment/home when this is used, and stay out for about 3-4 hours. However, meowmy did not have any children, so the suggestion to speak with both a vet and the child's doctor is a good one, especially since the child is so young. The people could also call a local exterminating service for suggestions as well.

Hope this is of some help.

Benny Grunch, Emma and Louiswavewavewave
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '07 7:25am PST 
Winter:

In the past our meowmy has used the "Flea Foggers" sold in home improvement stores. Read the directions carefully, and EVERYONE has to be out of the apartment/home when this is used, and stay out for about 3-4 hours. However, meowmy did not have any children, so the suggestion to speak with both a vet and the child's doctor is a good one, especially since the child is so young. The people could also call a local exterminating service for suggestions as well.

Hope this is of some help.

Benny Grunch, Emma and Louiswavewavewave
[notify]