GO!

Microchiping

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Harley

Lets Go Bills!

Purred: Wed Oct 10, '07 2:06pm PST 
We (Me Jewel and Mom)were watching Ellen today and at the end they had a woman on and her beautiful doggie who had been reunited after 3 years and 400 miles because the doggie had been microchipped! When they found the dog it was just wandering around with no tags! Mom went to the website they mentioned (homeagain.com) to get more information. We are indoor kitties but you never know what could happen emergency, repair main leaving the door open... Mom is definitly considering getting us microchiped and is trying to find out where she could get it done in our area. The website suggests that it would only be around $45 dollars a pet.

Are any of you kitties microchiped? How much did it cost you? Are any of you microchip sucess stories?
[notify]

Herr- Mueller, II

Very busy and- important.

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '07 6:35am PST 
We got microchips as part of the animal shelter's adoption package, but I think it was around $50 or so each at our vet's office. Lots of vets and animal shelters will do this for you, and ours were done the same day we were spayed/neutered. There was no knot or cut or anything at all where they put the chip in on either of us, and it does not seem to have ever bothered either of us.

We are all-indoor as well, we almost always find a way to get out of our collars. If we got outside for some reason, mother feels better knowing that if someone takes us to the vet or the animal shelter, they can scan us and call her immediately.
[notify]

Gracie

Amazing Grace

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '07 12:06pm PST 
My Sister, Checkers and I are microchipped, it was done before Mom adopted us from our rescue group. It cost Mom $15 per Cat, for a lifetime registration thru Avid, who our chips are with.
If you have a number of pets, you can get a reduced registration for them, multiple pet registration
We are also indoor only, but Mom is very glad to have us microchipped, as you said, you never know.

Edited by author Thu Oct 11, '07 12:07pm PST

[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '07 2:50pm PST 
I got microchipped at the shelter too before I came home. It really is worth the money. You know how smart us kitties at finding ways out. It is just a bonus protection.

Also, mom volunteers at the Humane Society and has watched many kitties get the chip before they go home. It takes about 10 seconds and they don't seem to feel anything.
[notify]

Francis

I am just a- kitty, I am not- a superhero!

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '07 5:17pm PST 
Mom had me microchipped after she brought me home. The Vet charged $25 for putting the chip in and it was $15 for the lifetime registration (from Avid), so in total it was $40. I gotout of the house once, but stayed on the frnt step because I never wanted to be a homeless kitty again after I found Mommy! I was also afraid to be outside without her.

Having the chip put in was painless and I was not bothered by it at all. Mom certainly thinks it is a good investment!

*head bonks*
Francis kitty
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '07 9:07pm PST 
I'm microchipped also. Not sure how much it cost cuz I had it the same day I had my dental surgery, and so Mommy can't remember how much was for the microchip and how much was for my surgery, I had four teeth pulled so I needed lots of anesthesia!
Grandma says it's a waste of money to have me microchipped, cuz I didn't ever go out, but then when Mommy got the stroller, she felt a little more secure, just in case I should bust out of my stroller! Actually, I did, but I was at home at the time! I do have a collar/tag, but Mommy feels it was worth it, just in case. Ya never know what could happen!
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Fri Oct 12, '07 11:57am PST 
I am chipped too! And my Chip says if I am found - FEED ME - I AM DIABETIC.

Of course Mom would completely freak out if I was to ever get out alone - I am only allowed out on a harness under adult and DOG supervision. MOL!
[notify]

Maggie

Princess Snow- Belle

Purred: Fri Oct 12, '07 4:57pm PST 
We looked at the Home Again web page. It mentioned a yearly fee but not how much.... Does anyone know what it is?
We are inside only, but like everyone says something bad could happen and we could get out.
Loki and I have our yearly V-E-T visit next week so mama was thinking of getting us chipped....
[notify]

Francis

I am just a- kitty, I am not- a superhero!

Purred: Fri Oct 12, '07 9:19pm PST 
We have never dealt with Home Again, but I had and AVID chip (the manufacturer is the same, only a different name) The registration was $15 for keeping track of me for my whole life ( as short as it wascry )

I am sure if you ask the V-E-T, they will be able to either provide a brochure with all the info you need, or they may just be able to tell you directly.

*head bonks*
Franciskitty
[notify]

Merrin

Pretty Girl

Purred: Sat Oct 13, '07 9:28pm PST 
At the shelter where my mom works the microchipping is $20 per cat. That is the whole cost, the chip, the registering, everything. You get put in a database.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2