GO!

Here's a helpful link : Litter/Grooming

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Mon Sep 3, '07 12:22am PST 
http://www.catsadored.com/

Mooch's Mom here.

I apologize if I'm not supposed to be posting links...but I happened across this and found some very helpful information.

Reading the smell sensory difference between humans and cats, and seeing the photo of a dirty human toilet, totally inspired me to really clean out our litter box. cheer

kittykitty
[notify]

Jewel

Treat me like- the princess I- am

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '07 6:59am PST 
OMG Mom said that since she was going to Walmart today anyway shes going to get a big bin to make a litter box for us! !applauseWe have 2 litterboxes (one small but tall and one large) but both are covered and mom said if she can smell the stench sometimes she cant imagine what we smell all the time! mom already scooped our litter pretty frequently but she only washed it and did a complete change about once a month! Moms also heard that cats sometimes dont like covered litter boxes because they feel trapped and that could be why i don't always cover my mess. Harley always follows me to the litter box and hides untill i run out and he pounces on me. Thanks for the link - the pictures of the dirty human toilets made moms stomach turn!
[notify]

Harley

Lets Go Bills!

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '07 1:45am PST 
Im Jewels Brofur and mom really did go get a big bin from walmart to use as a litter box! She used one of daddys saws she found to cut an opening for us ( which was harder than it looked) and then used a file to smooth any rough edges. It's holds 30gallons. I used it RIGHT away! Mom saw Jewel using it too! The other litter boxes are in the same room for now because we live in a small apartment and there isn't anywhere else to put them. This morning Jewel was in the big new litterbox making a lot of noise digging around so i went in to look. Mom yelled. she said just because its big enough for both of us doesn't mean we need to watch each other go potty. When Jewel was done she swatted at me hehehe. All in all we love our new big uncovered box!
[notify]

Mysty (The- Princess)

Lay still! I'm- grooming you!

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '07 10:53pm PST 
THANKS for the site, my mommy was trying to figure out what to do because I toss my litter all over the place. She is going to try this and see if my sissy and I use it.
[notify]

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Fri Sep 7, '07 11:31pm PST 
I'm so glad to hear the link was helpful.

Yes, the instructions on how to make your own big litter box is great! And after having read info on that site, I am so much more aware of the meaning of a clean, comfortable litter box from a cat's point of view.

big grin
[notify]

Mysty (The- Princess)

Lay still! I'm- grooming you!

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '07 5:55am PST 
Mommy switched us over to the new litter boxes, and they are working great-no litter on the floor!!!! I can't help I toss it so far-I mean look at my legs!!!!!
[notify]

Cleo (The- Queen)

I am the Queen- of the house....

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '07 3:41am PST 
We LOVE our new boxes-we have one for potty and one for poo. They are great!!!
[notify]