GO!

Fur Dying.

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kilala

I'm not fat,- just fluffy.

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 2:44pm PST 
Hello,
My owner would like to dye my fur for the holidays coming up.
She doesnt want to seem like shes being mean or anything.She just wants to do something different.
She's read on the internet some ways of doing so.
One, grind up chalk and mix it with water to form a paste. And spread it on my fur until it dries. [making sure not to let me lick it] and once it's dry,wash it out. She's also read that you can add food coloring to the paste.
She's not sure if its such a good idea or not but she wants to do it.
Are there any safer ways to do this?
Or is that way safe enough?
If not then I guess She'll just have to have a brown and black kitty for the holidays :p
[notify]

Khina

Don't breed or- buy when shelter- pets die

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 3:15pm PST 
Gosh, Kilala, I don't think I would want to have anything like that done to me. Kitty skin can be sensitive and it might be hard to avoid ingesting some residue. Ick. Maybe she could tie a pretty bow or something to your collar instead.
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '07 11:25am PST 
OH MY - too many toxic things in paint - etc.

Tell your mommy just leave you the way you are!!!

Audrey

Strayed into my- life

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '07 12:13pm PST 
I've seen cats dyed with Manic Panic. Just be careful not to let the cat lick it while it's on and rinse well.
[notify]

Kale

Stuptervisor

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '07 2:32pm PST 
I saw a toy poodle dyed pink once but it was on TV. They had taken it to the groomer so maybe you should ask your local groomer and see what kind of stuff they use or if they can recommend anything to you.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '07 4:31pm PST 
I have heard of others using Kool-aid. However, since you are balck, you will not hold any color well. Go au natural!!!!

http://www.catster.com/forums/Furniture_and_Fashion/t hread/346905
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '07 6:35pm PST 
This is Delyte. It's highly unlikely that your black fur will hold any color enough to make it worth the trouble. A simple red ribbon and bow looks fabulous and festive on a black cat. [See my page.] Hope your person changes their mind!
[notify]

Kilala

I'm not fat,- just fluffy.

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 7:57am PST 
My owner changed her mind when she bought a certain type of kitty shampoo. It brings out the black in me and makes my coat shinier and much softer. I recomend this to dark coated kittys. :]
[notify]

Punky

Don't leave me- alone!!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 1:37pm PST 
But Sweetie, you have such gorgeous colors!! Why would you want to change that?? I certainly wouldn't like to have that done!! *hisssssssss*
[notify]

Riddick

i like feeling- tall

Purred: Mon Sep 3, '07 12:01pm PST 
actually as i groomer i sometimes dye Riddick. the last time he was a lovely shade of teal. it is not a dangerous thing and only lasts a few weeks on him, not to mention it never gets close to his face. i am able to color his fur since he is a very high white color and takes dye nicely, unfortunaly darker fur colors don't hold dye, just like darker haired humans.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2