GO!

Has anyone used SoftPaws?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Aden

The world's a- toy

Purred: Sun Jul 22, '07 10:22am PST 
Great responses - I think we'll try'em too!applause
[notify]

Simba

Crazy for- catnip!

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 7:54pm PST 
I use them, and I don't really notice them. At first I licked my Soft Paws a lot, but now I don't. And my human mommy really likes them 'cause when I play with her, she doesn't get scratches anymore. She thinks they work really well!
[notify]

Pancho

i ♥- cuddling!

Purred: Sun Aug 5, '07 9:26pm PST 
we haven't tried them but we get our nails trimmed often to make sure they aren't long and we generally only scratch the carpet or one of our jillion scratchy things and even in play we don't scratch the parents too bad so mom doesn't have any use for them really but she thinks they are great.
[notify]

Audrey

Strayed into my- life

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '07 12:15pm PST 
I used to wear them while I was learning to not scratch on the furniture. They worked great! THey bothered me for a while, just cause they felt weird, but soon I got used to them. Everyone commented on my pretty pink nails smile
[notify]

Jewel

Treat me like- the princess I- am

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '07 5:31pm PST 
Mom just got my softpaws in the mail today. We haven't tried them yet because a free yellow mouse came with the order and I've been playing with it non-stop for a very long time! When I hit it, it sounds like a plastic bag or treats shaking in a jar. I think it's treated with catnip because harley keeps stealing it from me and drooling on it! Oh yeah, mom said she ordered it from

thecatandkittenstore.com

she ordered it Thursday night and they arrived today (saturday)!
[notify]

Jewel

Treat me like- the princess I- am

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '07 9:15am PST 
**Update**Well mom got 3 on one paw last night and put 3 on the other paw +1 more on the first paw today. Im actually hiding under the kitchen table right now so mom can't find me. I haven't chewed any off yet but right after mom puts one on i lick my paw a whole lot and inbetween my toes. mom rolled me up in a blanket but left my two front paws out so thats how she was able to get more on today but i eventually wiggled out and flicked my tail back and forth a lot to show how mad i was! I don't really mind the softpaws i just get mad that mom tricks me into laying down on the couch by giving me a treat and petting me. The first few minutes that i have a new cap on i shake my paw because i feel like somethings stuck but then i forget about it and go back to playing. Mom said after she makes herself some lunch shes gonna try again... I better find a better hiding spot shh
[notify]

Aki

I bite you!

Purred: Fri Sep 14, '07 7:38am PST 
I used SoftClaws(Paws) on Aki and it was a disaster. Most of them she picked off herself. The few that remained ended up causing her to get snagged in the blinds. To get free she ended up tearing a whole claw out. That vet visit ended up being $150 because she had to take antibiotics to make sure the wounded paw wouldn't get infected. She grew the claw back eventually, but I have sworn off them for good. Use with EXTREME caution.

Edited by author Fri Sep 14, '07 7:40am PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2