GO!

keeping clean

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Luci

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '05 9:16am PST 
I tried posting this in the health issues, but didn't get any response, so I thought I'd try posting it here.

Luci has been having an issue keeping clean lately, especially after using her litterbox. We've given her baths, but the problems returns after a few days. We've thought of changing her food, but she's a VERY picky eater, and we don't want to buy food she won't eat. Is this an issue we need to take her to the vet for?
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '05 3:43pm PST 
I guess you need to be more specific when you say Lucy is having a problem keeping clean after using her litterbox. I don't understand exactly what the problem is. Does she not clean herself after using her box? Or is her stool runny? etc., etc.?
[notify]

Luci

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '05 7:49pm PST 
she has littler clumped to the fur on her butt. Her stool isn't very runny, but it's looser than it was a few weeks ago. Does that help?
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '05 3:18am PST 
Well first I'd say don't feed Luci any dairy products because they usually cause cats to have bowel problems, i.e. diarrhea, soft stools & gas. Perhaps you've seen that your post you had under "Health" has had a response by another "long-haired" cat who has an interesting solution (hair trimming).

If her stools continue to be soft it may be due to the food she's eating, i.e. Purina. Take a look at the label. If it contains corn, corn by-products, soy, soy by-products, other grains, sugar, these are difficult for cats to digest and result in gastric problems. If you haven't taken her to your vet to screen out possible health problems first, I would recommend doing that first, then seeing if it's her diet.
[notify]