GO!

Does your cat HATE being brushed? Do they attack the brush, or your hand? I found a soulution..!

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Persephone

A model in a- Cats body

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 2:56am PST 
It may not work for everyone but it works for me more often than not! My cat is a total bee-otch, especially when it comes to grooming. She growls, cowers, freaks out, and worst of all; attacks. If the dog is around she takes her anti-grooming agression out on the dog; by that i mean she hisses and growls when she should be mad at me but takes it out on the dog. The solution I've found that usually works is very simple; give them a big, fluffy toy to chew on! I gave her a big toy mouse and she flips out and attacks and bites it instead of the brush. Doing so I've managed to brush her everywhere, even her tummy! But sometimes when shes REALLY mad it doesnt work, so be careful hehe way to go
[notify]

Arwen

Princess Pretty - Fear Me!

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '07 9:44am PST 
Cool idea! Mama's going to try it with me!
[notify]

Persephone

A model in a- Cats body

Purred: Fri Mar 30, '07 9:42pm PST 
hehe she especially leaves me alone if the dogs around wink cause all her attention is focused on the dog instead of me =p
[notify]

Pixie

Quietly, please!

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 7:09am PST 
Nice idea! But I don't know if that would work here. thinking

Pixie sounds just as persnickety. Then last fall, I happened upon this:

-- link removed --

Success! It works great and she loves it! Brushing, formerly a hateful experience for us both, is now our special time together!

cheer

ACK! I am new here. Now I see that links to other sites don't work? Well, the item I tried to link to is Doctors Foster and Smith Love Glove. Easy enough to find on google, if anyone is interested.

Edited by author Thu Apr 5, '07 7:17am PST

[notify]

Aurora

Who me? Rrrr- meh?

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 8:35am PST 
Aurora refused to be brushed until we got a Zoom Groom. She tolerates being brushed now and the Zoom Groom does a tremendous job of catching all of the loose hair. If you so much as show it to Bond he lays out luxuriously, rolls over, and makes sure you brush every square inch. He's so funny!
[notify]

MELAH The- Molenator!

Mimiimiimiimiimi- imimi

Purred: Sat Apr 7, '07 5:04pm PST 
I jump up and swat the comb and the hand! The whole time I am purring and acting like I hate it but I roll around on the ground and expose my body and act really goofy, so, I send my mommy mixed messages as to confuse her and mystify her.
[notify]

Siri

Purred: Tue Apr 10, '07 3:44pm PST 
i just tried that thing called "the furminator", and so far it seems to be doing a really good job of getting the excess hair off my cat (who is a short hair, by the way. supposed to be even better on long hairs)! and she doesn't seem to mind being brushed with it at all, even rubbed up on it. you can snag one on ebay for about $20, which is better than the $35 they charge at the pet stores. wink
[notify]

Baby-G

Don't Mess With- Mama

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '07 9:32am PST 
Melah, that's what I do, too! I love it and I hate it - I whine and growl, but I always turn around so Daddy can get the other side, and I rub my head on everything, meanwhile I can't be quiet.... What's up with that?

~ Baby-G
[notify]

Aquavit

Queen of the- Mansion

Purred: Tue May 1, '07 8:36am PST 
I used to hate being groomed--back when I was a kitten. But Mommy started grooming me every night, and giving me a treat when we were done. After a while I noticed that I never had any mats at all, I looked as beautiful as I should look, plus that treat...AND, I had Mommy's undivided attention!

Now, when Mommy forgets, I remind her. And I let her turn me any way she needs to to do all of me.

Of course, I do keep up a critical commentary the whole time, just so she doesn't get cocky or anything.
[notify]

Angel

I'm Mommy's- Angel baby!

Purred: Fri Jun 22, '07 12:51pm PST 
THANK YOU!! I was able to get Angel pretty well brushed! I held her down, shook a toy in her face, and kept that between her mouth and the brush. THANK YOU!!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2