GO!

Dry paw pads

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Emma

Adopt an adult- cat!

Purred: Fri Feb 9, '07 12:37pm PST 
Hi everycat. My parents noticed this morning that I have really dry paw pads. My paw pads have never been dry before, so they think this is due to the really dry air in our home now that it is wintertime.

They are going to buy a humidifier, so I'm hoping that helps a little, but does anycat have any suggestions of something they can do for my paw pads? Maybe a lotion or something helps with that? Thanks!!
[notify]

Winnie

Where are my- tummy rubs huh?

Purred: Fri Feb 9, '07 2:19pm PST 
I'd like to know this too, my mommy was playing with my feet (grrr) and noticed they were pretty dry and cracky.....
[notify]

Gimme- (Guillermo- Hemmingway)

I said, I WANT- MY SNACKIES!!

Purred: Fri Feb 9, '07 4:59pm PST 
Try some Bag Balm (actually, they have banner ads on Catster sometimes). You can find it at farm supply stores, usually in the large animal section. They make tiny tins of it that are purrfect for kitties. Just have your human apply a little and rub into your paw pads. They'll need to do this daily, or every other day. But the stuff is pawsome!!! way to go
[notify]

Emma

Adopt an adult- cat!

Purred: Fri Feb 9, '07 6:42pm PST 
Thanks Gimme!! I'll look for it around here, although I don't think there are any farm supply stores here in DC. Mommy might have to order it online or something.
[notify]

Punkin

Lizard Hunter- Extraordinaire

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 10:00am PST 
Emma, check your local Wal-Mart. I've seen Bag Balm in the pharmacy section.
[notify]

Honey

Umbrella Girl

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 4:38pm PST 
I've seen Bag Balm at Walgreen's. big grin
[notify]

Carson

Shrimp makes- everything- better

Purred: Mon Feb 12, '07 6:28am PST 
Mom was rubbing my foot yesterday and noticed the same thing! Thanks for the tip on the balm.
[notify]

Emma

Adopt an adult- cat!

Purred: Mon Feb 12, '07 8:43am PST 
Thanks so much! I will definitely go to the drugstore and look for it. Otherwise, I can always order it online.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Mon Feb 12, '07 9:46am PST 
Another thing you can use is Avon's Skin So Soft. It is safe for use on animals.
[notify]

Wally♥Forever Loved

Sophie\\\'s- Forever Love

Purred: Mon Feb 12, '07 1:30pm PST 
Mom just noticed today my pads are dry and we actually have Skin So Soft, mom really likes it. Of course we would never have known it is safe for kits.Thanks Doc Hunter!
hug
Wally
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2