GO!

Price for a Lion Cut?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Pokey

Formerly Feral

Purred: Thu May 25, '06 3:27am PST 
I need to get a lion cut, my fur is getting matted. Petsmart says they cost $54, does this seem high, average, or low?
[notify]

Jake

The World: your- oyster, my- napping space

Purred: Thu May 25, '06 6:06pm PST 
Well, keep in mind that almost any grooming facility is going to charge more to groom a cat than a dog. We're not as likely to hold still, and while it's easy enough to put a muzzle on a dog, there's no muzzle for our claws! big grin

I don't think that sounds like an overly high price to get a haircut. Especially if they do anything else. If a bath is included in that estimate, it's a STEAL, so JUMP on it! wink

Percy

Percy-AKA- Snowball

Purred: Sun May 28, '06 5:35am PST 
that seems to be about right; make sure your meowmy takes you to a hair stylist that has worked with kitties before as we are different than dogs and that they are not putting you under to do the cut! My meowmy was shocked when a couple of groomers told her they do that as the norm for kitty stuff...and I would even hold still as I get bathed and dried more than once a week...Percy
[notify]

FatBoy(- Rainbow- Bridge)

i admit to- nothing...

Purred: Sun May 28, '06 3:05pm PST 
it depends on where you are, but it seems more than reasonable to me. at the salon i work at we groom kitties, but for no less than $60.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Thu Jun 1, '06 10:39am PST 
Seems expensive to me. My mommy works for a vet and when they do those kinds of clips, they usually charge between $30-40. It really depends on how matted you are and how long the job takes.
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Sat Jun 3, '06 6:22am PST 
I would try your vet. A bath and a lion cut should not be that expensive. Also remember - PetSmart groomers are more dog groomers. An all cat hospital may also be less expensive.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jun 9, '06 4:58am PST 
That is not a bad price for the cut. My vet charges $85.00.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Jun 13, '06 2:50pm PST 
$85...ouch. That is more than a poodle cut,which is a very long and involved clip job.
[notify]

Salem

I'm afraid of- anything that- moves

Purred: Thu Jun 15, '06 8:12am PST 
That doesn't seem like a bad price to me. When our cat gets his lion cut, he needs to be sedated--so anything under $100 is great!
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Thu Jun 15, '06 11:03am PST 
Well, sedation changes everything. The cost will definitely go up if that is necessary. But just for the clipping, it seems rather high.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3