GO!

Why do I shed so much?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Samuel

Chubster.

Purred: Fri Apr 7, '06 10:11am PST 
I shed more than any other cat I've ever met!
I get brushed daily and I eat a good quality food.
Nothing seems to work. My person has to vacuum her bed before she can sleep in it at night. I've also got a bit of dandruff going on on the lower half of my back.
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Fri Apr 7, '06 12:15pm PST 
My human has to vaccum every room every day or else there's giant tumbleweeds of fur. But the bed seems ok... When we visit the older humans my humans bed is so disgustingly covered in fur from that cat that she wants to sleep in her car! So I'd like to know too if there's any ways to lower the loss,
but sorry I don't have any solutions for you!
[notify]

Percy

Percy-AKA- Snowball

Purred: Fri Apr 7, '06 2:21pm PST 
If you have a longer coat, have your mommy trying combing you vs. brushing....kitties tend to shed more switching between seasons too frown Maybe a quick bath will help get rid of some of the loose hair and cut down on the dandruff? I get bathed at least once a week but I still can leave hair during the spring...Percy
[notify]

☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 3:53pm PST 
I shed like crazy too which is part of the reason mom puts me in clothes.

My sister had bad dandruff and mom got her something called Shiny Coat from PetSmart. Its a liquid that goes over cat food like gravy. It has a bunch of extra vitimans to help your coat.
[notify]

Magic

Sexy Siamese if- you please

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 7:28pm PST 
Ahhhhh tis the season!

I dont know how long your mom has had you, but this time of year we shed like craazzzzyy! Warm brushes us a few times a wk to help with the shedding of our winter coat. It definately helps.
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 7:51pm PST 
Yep, Magic's right. It is shedding season. I'm a shorthair, but Mommy has cat hair on her clothes, chairs, and guests! Some days I hardly shed at all, and some days, Mommy pulls tufts of hair out, just from PETTING me!
Of course, it sounds like you shed WAY WAY WAY more than I evere imagined! Watch out for the hairballs!
[notify]

Chloe (2002 - 2007)

Miss southern- belle

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 8:58pm PST 
I'm long hair and I actually shed less than Magic and my other short haired siblings.
[notify]

Nova -- In Loving- Memory

Equal- Opportunity- Kitten

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 7:21am PST 
Do you get a bath? Mom finds I shed a lot less when bathed monthly.
[notify]

Samuel

Chubster.

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 10:50pm PST 
I haven't had a bath yet.
My person's friends on another cat site said it might not be a good idea because of the oils in my skin or something.

and I don't know if I like water...but if I HAVE to maybe I can tolerate it.
[notify]

Chloe (2002 - 2007)

Miss southern- belle

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 12:14pm PST 
BATH?!! *eyes big* Ohhh nooo - not me!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2