GO!

How to get me to enjoy a bath

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
DD

DD bear

Purred: Fri Feb 17, '06 9:08pm PST 
I pee in the bathroom when mummy tried to bath me..i hate water and meow loudly when water touches me... any bubby love water?

my sister, sweetie and Pong pong also hate water. Sweetie do not meow but cannot keep still..at least better than me.

Pong Pong also has the same problem as me, meowing and running around the bathroom..mummy is afraid we might fall while running.
[notify]

Mojo

Her royal hiney.

Purred: Sat Feb 18, '06 7:04am PST 
I honestly don't see a reason to bathe us. Nature gave us a perfectly suited grooming tool.

Our rough little tongue.
[notify]

Jake

King of the- House!!

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '06 4:03pm PST 
Bathing is actually bad for our skin .... I suggest the bath wipes that you can buy at any pet store or WalMart, they are wipes that clean you and make you smell good without the stress of bathing and your owner can even pop it into the microwave for a few seconds for you to get a nice, warm wipedown!!!
[notify]

Mirabelle

Lieutenant- General of the- Smushy Faces

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '06 4:19pm PST 
DD, unless you have a long thick coat(like me!) there's not much reason for you to have a bath. Like another cat mentioned, you should be able to clean yourself properly so you shouldn't need a bath. However, if your parents still want to bathe you in the newest issue of the magazine Animal Wellness, there is a great article on how to bathe a cat.
[notify]

DD

DD bear

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 1:13am PST 
I seldom take a bath..but sometimes, i accidentally step on my poo when i try to cover it..and my fur smell... so i need a bath..mummy bath my sisters and I only once per month..but i read certain ppl said that bathing cats are good as it help to foster a good relation bwt human and cats that person bath her cats weekly...but it is what our human friends think...

BTW, the baby wipes bath, can mummy use those non-fragrance, non alcoholic baby wipes by J&J? mummy is using it for her makeup removal.

But we also have our animal shampo..just wondering if can use J&J baby wipes also?
[notify]

Ajax

Boycott Iams!

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 3:12pm PST 
I love baths! One time I was at the vet and they couldn't get my heart rate because I was puring too loud, so they put we in the sink that had water in it to get me to stop, but I pured even longer. Me and my brother are always going under the taps that have dripping water, I even jumped in the bath tub the other day. It was nice. Although I didn't like the bubble bath!
[notify]

Mirabelle

Lieutenant- General of the- Smushy Faces

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '06 4:16pm PST 
It's true that grooming is a good way to bond with a kitty but it's only worthwhile if they enjoy it. Mom and me bond over grooming and as a Persian, I need a lot of it. My bath time is our special time together but I really don't mind the bathing and blow drying. If bathing gets you that upset then maybe your mom can stick to brushing or massaging you as a means of bonding.

I get poopies on my paws too! Mom just wipes them off with a warm damp face cloth.
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Tue Feb 21, '06 8:19pm PST 
You look little. if ur going to get to like it, then now is the time for ur mommy to keep doing it. I used to jump in the bath tub when my human was reading her book instead of paying attention to me. and yesterday she picked me up and placed me in to see what would happen. I didnt care- but I also clean myself effectively and i dont think I need to hop in the shower!
[notify]

Daisy

The Bacon Queen

Purred: Tue Feb 21, '06 8:31pm PST 
DD ... you are tooo cute! Is that a little sock you have on in the pic?
[notify]

DD

DD bear

Purred: Tue Feb 21, '06 11:17pm PST 
The foto u seen was taken when i was one month old..I need to put on sock to protect my belly fur as my two siblings used to suck my nipples..our real cat mummy died when i was one month old and my siblings miss milk so they suck my nipples till i did not have any fur left. My current mummy need to put on sock to protect the fur...now i am seperated from my siblings whom gone to foster home.

I am now bigger, u can see my other fotos taken when i am 5 months old. i am soon going for sterilization in mar too...
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2