GO!

Ear cleaning

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Lemur

I am sexy,- aren't I?!

Purred: Tue Mar 14, '06 7:19am PST 
*waves to Hattie*

Warm uses a little bit of alcohol on a cotton ball. Thats what our vet recommended.
[notify]

Tripod

MMMEERROOOOW

Purred: Wed Apr 19, '06 1:53pm PST 
our vet says peroxide isnt a good idea to put in ears...it can make them infected..

Edited by author Wed Apr 19, '06 1:54pm PST

[notify]

Askem

You want me to- WHAT!!!!

Purred: Fri Apr 21, '06 7:33am PST 
I have a problem with my ears, especially the left one, getting dirty quickly. I don't know how either, because I never leave the house. Anyhow, she has something from the vet that she uses. Just becuse it's from the vet doesn't mean I have to like it. Dad just stands there and laughs at us when it's ear cleaning time. He says it's funnier than watching TV. Once thing about it though, mom doesn't hurt me, she's very gentle.
[notify]

Ginger Cat

Ginger with- plenty of snap

Purred: Mon Apr 24, '06 3:52pm PST 
My vet said when cleaning ears to use a mixture made of equal amounts of:

White Vinegar
Rubbing Alcohol
Water

My human friend does it durring my nap time so that I am still groggy and relaxed then I don't freak out so much.

Good luck, and purrs, Ginger Cat
[notify]

Ginger Cat

Ginger with- plenty of snap

Purred: Mon Apr 24, '06 3:53pm PST 
My vet said when cleaning ears to use a mixture made of equal amounts of:

White Vinegar
Rubbing Alcohol
Water

My human friend does it durring my nap time so that I am still groggy and relaxed then I don't freak out so much.

Good luck, and purrs, Ginger Cat
[notify]

Calista

purrrr

Purred: Tue May 2, '06 6:24pm PST 
vinegar?...does the smell last for long? or does it go away pretty quick?
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Sat May 27, '06 4:51pm PST 
Just went to the vet and she gave Mommy something called Oti-Clens for me. I have an ear infection too, but the vet told Mommy after I was done with my ear drops, to use this Oti-Clens stuff every couple weeks to keep my ears, inside and out, clean.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2