GO!

Bath Time

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Cedric

master of the- kittyflop

Purred: Fri Dec 23, '05 12:01pm PST 
I get bathed entirely TOO often being a showcat and all. Took a while for dad to get things down proper.. but here is what works.

first - I get my claws clipped a day or so before bath time.
then like others said - setup everything before hand. shampoo, brush, towels, container for dipping water.
Then the litterbox gets removed from the bathroom (I got away once during bathtime and stood in it like I had to go - but the litter STUCK to my paws).
Then im fetched, the bathroom doors are closed and away we go.
Dad has a showerhead with a looong hose on it (had to by an extension at home depot) that just sits in the bathtub and quietly sprays warm water.
Once the innumerable wetting, shampoo and rinsing cylces are done, I get dunked in this plastic tub of water. Im told this gets the last of the soap out of my fur -- but its entirely too deep for my comforts, fortunately I dont stay in long.
Then its towels and a blow dryer until im dry enough to leave the bathroom.
not a short process - but I look GOOD when its all done.
[notify]

Cleocatra

I'm actually a- Great Dane in- disguise.

Purred: Mon Dec 26, '05 9:06pm PST 
Wow, lots of good response about cat bathing. The one thing I'd add is to make a 'kitty burrito' when you're done. I'm a groomer, and when I wash a cat at work I have two or three towels spread out on top of each other right by the tub. After the bath, I put the sad, wet kitty on the top towel, and then swaddle him or her as tightly as I can and then just hold her for several minutes. I learned this little trick at the grooming school I went to. Not only do the layers of towels draw a lot of the water away from the kitty, but the process usually calms and comforts her.
[notify]

Misha ~~RIP- ~~- 1-8-2011~~

A black cat in- your path is- good luck!

Purred: Sat Dec 31, '05 1:38am PST 
I've never had a bath and I'm 11 years old. My humans just comb me when I get dirty. They spray me with Frontline also and I try to scratch their eyes out, I don't get fleas! They always put leather gloves on to work on me, they better wear goggles next time because I will scratch their eyes out!
[notify]

Papini- (Giovanni- Papini)

Que parezca un- accidente.

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '06 9:17pm PST 
Mommy baths me too (soon it will be María's time).

I don't know if like or dislike bathing time. I tend to get a bir nervous when I feel this time is coming, so I trie to run, hide, and that. But the, when mum holds me I get totally relaxed (sometimes I think it's the fear).

She prepares the bath with warm water, but a little, not much water (because it scares me to death), and uses white soap (but the good one). Then she washes out with a shower or with a water bucket, trying not to dunk my head.
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '06 9:17pm PST 
Mommy baths me too (soon it will be María's time).

I don't know if like or dislike bathing time. I tend to get a bir nervous when I feel this time is coming, so I trie to run, hide, and that. But the, when mum holds me I get totally relaxed (sometimes I think it's the fear).

She prepares the bath with warm water, but a little, not much water (because it scares me to death), and uses white soap (but the good one). Then she washes out with a shower or with a water bucket, trying not to dunk my head.
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 3, '06 9:19pm PST 
and then she dries me with a towel and later with her hair dryer
[notify]

Tini (Martini)

I'm a squeaker

Purred: Fri Jan 27, '06 2:00pm PST 
mommy wants to give me a bath for the first time...she says its good for me...but she wants to know if she should get the special cat shampoo and conditioner or will human shampoo be ok?? her friend uses panteen pro-v on her kitty and she said it works just fine...but mommy is afraid the bubbles will get in my eyes and hurt me
[notify]

Candy

Queen Of The- Food

Purred: Sun Feb 12, '06 7:11am PST 
-hides- i hate baths! whenever i have to have one i meow very loud, scrach at the sides of the bath and try to escape.

our humans know we hate them but yet they still bath us often.......why?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2