GO!

Static control

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Mirabelle

Lieutenant- General of the- Smushy Faces

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '05 1:53pm PST 
Mom has seen some of those anti-static sprays on the market to help control static charges on my fur and wants to know if they really work. If so, is one brand better than another or are they pretty much all the same? Anyone have any experience with these? Now that the heat is on in the house, when mom combs me, my fur sticks every which way!
[notify]

Askem

You want me to- WHAT!!!!

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '05 6:35am PST 
I hope someone has an answer because whenever Mom pets me, there is a little spark of electricity and we both get a little shock. The house seems humid enough but I hope there is something that can be used.
[notify]

Zachary

Stop touching- me!

Purred: Mon Dec 26, '05 8:40pm PST 
Oh yes, I'd love some advice on this topic also. It's so annoying because I am always giving shocks when I'm being petted. Also, when I am playing with dangly toys, they get staticky from me, and then stick to my face--which is really funny at first but then gets on my nerves!
[notify]

Mirabelle

Lieutenant- General of the- Smushy Faces

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 6:00pm PST 
Since I never received an answer to my question, I thought I should answer it myself *smiles*

Mom just purchased this really great stuff called Vetbasis Freshener & Detangler. It's a spray that your mom or dad lightly mists over your coat and combs through. It helps a lot with static control and for you cats with thick coats, it helps make your coat a lot easier to manage! The best part is, it's all natural so you don't have to worry about being exposed to harmful chemicals.
[notify]

Sweetie- (1996-2008)

An angel in- disguise

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 7:07pm PST 
Believe it or not a "used" cling free sheet works really well!!
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Tue Mar 14, '06 4:30pm PST 
hey- did u rub the used dryer sheet on ur cat? the chemicals didn't do anything? Did I work? My human was eyeing one the other day- trying to decide if rubbing me with it was a good idea. She rubbed the covers instead but it didn't help. I like to nudge her when she's sleeping and give her face a shock!

I think my furs too short for a spray- plus I don't like being brushed or combed...
[notify]

Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Tue May 2, '06 2:12pm PST 
Mom use Static Guard on us and on the dogs too. The most important thing is to protect the eyes and to not put a lot since the cat lick himself to clean is fur and to help to evacuate the warmt of is body.
[notify]

Sweetie- (1996-2008)

An angel in- disguise

Purred: Mon May 8, '06 11:46pm PST 
No we didnt spray Static Guard. We used a dryer sheet.
[notify]