GO!

CRF and worries

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Oreo

I bite back

Purred: Wed Mar 30, '16 1:55am PST 
Last week Oreo was diagnosed with kidney failure. We had been doing a blood test to ensure he didn't have anemia from eating onions, and happened to discover this instead.
They didn't do any other tests, I didn't have enough money to pay for those.
I found out the other testing was important, so in a couple of weeks when I have more money I will be going to another vet to get a second opinion. (And for shots/yearly checkup.)

When they told me he had kidney failure my first reaction was to cry. More expenses, that I'm not sure I'll be able to cover. Of course I will try my damnedest....just....I now have two pets with serious health concerns. My dog is on two meds for a stage 4 heart murmur, he's had to go to the vet several times these past few months for coughing.

On my current income with their current needs I think we can just swing by, and I have friends who are willing to contribute some. But...if something even like an ear infection, comes up...that'll be it....we'll be in trouble....
And what will I do when we get to later stages of the disease??? He'll need a lot more than just a different diet then.

I'm going to get a better job. I will. But this is hard.

Edited by author Wed Mar 30, '16 1:56am PST

[notify]

The S Team

Kitty Cuddles to- All

Purred: Sun Apr 3, '16 8:46pm PST 
Hopefully, the disease is in its early stages and you will be able to have Oreo with you for a number of years yet. We're sending our purr prayers for Oreo.

hughughughug

Angel- ♥Kally- Kat♥

Purred: Mon Apr 11, '16 8:12am PST 
Prayers are in our ♥hearts to your hearts♥ big hug

Angel ♥Kally Kat♥ hughughughughughug
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '16 5:41pm PST 
lots of purrs from our family.
[notify]

Tony - Sweet Angel

I'm a jelly- baby!!

Purred: Wed Apr 13, '16 12:51pm PST 
Hi there,
Momma managed my kidney disease for a long time. At some point she had to start giving me sub q fluids but it was very easy once she got over her own fear of it. I was very well behaved and took it better than getting pills. We purr for you, and purr that whatever is going on is easily treated/managed by your momma.

Love

Tony
[notify]

Oreo

I bite back

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 7:23am PST 
We're going to another vet for a second opinion and more testing this afternoon.

From the information gathered so far and talking to people who have experience with CRF elsewhere, Oreo would be in the very early stages and it could be years before the disease advances to the next stage.

Edited by author Fri Apr 15, '16 7:23am PST

[notify]

Oreo

I bite back

Purred: Fri Apr 15, '16 3:12pm PST 
Well, this vet visit made me feel better. He may not have kidney disease. But, the possibility isn't entirely ruled out yet either.

However, what he may have is a heart murmur. They aren't sure.
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Fri Apr 22, '16 3:46pm PST 
We're still purring for Oreo and hope whatever the tests result in, you and Oreo will be together for some time yet.

Edited by author Fri Apr 22, '16 3:49pm PST

Angel- ♥Kally- Kat♥

Purred: Mon May 30, '16 6:09pm PST 
Oreo, I'm glad that you went for a 2nd opinion.
I did just that, but for Kally Kat it was CKF......frown

I pray that your litta one doesn't have Kidney Disease. Did you inquire about a Pet fund from the clinic?

They told me that they had one for Kally Kat, but I knew that $75.00 was not going to even touch it!

I pay as I go along, thank goodness for that. Going to the Vet today is very expensive.

I will continue to pray for you Oreo & your Mom too! meditatemeditatemeditatemeditate

Luvs ya,
Angel ♥Kally Kat♥ big hug
[notify]

Oreo

I bite back

Purred: Tue Jun 28, '16 7:56pm PST 
I wasn't able to log in here for a while due to malware.

Oreo doesn't have kidney disease. He does have a heart murmur, which I can't afford to get tested any further at this time. But I will make sure an eye is kept on that. It could be a sign of heart disease or it could be nothing.

And now I have offically switched vets.

Edited by author Tue Jun 28, '16 7:58pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2