GO!

Amira, Calico, Age 12.5, diagnosed with advanced Colon Cancer

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Amira

Purred: Tue Jun 18, '13 1:46pm PST 
I took her to the vet 2 months ago due to losing weight, vomiting & some diarrhea. She was first diagnosed with Hyperthyroid, although they weren't sure until they did a second kind of blood test. She was 7 pounds then. I took her back after being on the thyroid meds for a few weeks because she was still losing weight. She was 5 pounds at that time. The following week, I took her to get an Abdominal Ultrasound..she was down to 4 pounds..that's when they found a tumor in her lower colon and also her lymphnodes were enlarged. She's too weak/small for surgery..and the vet thinks that wouldn't do much good at this point. She's doing fine..still eating, drinking, & using the liter box. And she can still jump onto a chair & things like that. The vet has prescribed Sulcralfate & Piroxicam COSG and another Catster member suggested an herbal thing to boost her immune system-Immune Strengthener.
[notify]

Shannara

Biscuit Maker

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 9:24pm PST 
As long as she's comfortable you have that time to enjoy each other. Sending your and Amira our purr prayers.

Kitten cuddles,
Shannara, Sterling, Sundance & Shade
hughughughug

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Sat Jun 22, '13 12:25pm PST 
Cancer is a horrible awful disease. Hope that she can stay with you for a long while. Sending hugs to you both.
[notify]