GO!

My buddy Sam is having surgery...

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

T.J.

I am Queen of- all I survey.

Purred: Fri Jul 25, '08 2:19pm PST 
My buddy Sam the dog had a pretty risky surgery today. I know he's a dog and this is a cat website but me and Luther and pretty worried about him. Sam made it through the surgery but he's not out of the woods yet. For those of you so inclined, any prayers for Sam's successful and speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by author Fri Jul 25, '08 4:53pm PST

[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Fri Jul 25, '08 4:23pm PST 
Sending purrs to Sam. Hope he likes kitties.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hugdogsnoopy

Hazel Lucy &- Mazie & Max

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Fri Jul 25, '08 5:15pm PST 
I added Sam to the get well purr list, Catsters in Need of Serious Purring thread. We purr for Dogsters too!
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

♥- Princess- ♥

Love, Princess

Purred: Sat Jul 26, '08 2:42pm PST 
Sending you a whole lot of purrrs! We hope you feel better soon!! Love, Kody and Princess
[notify]

T.J.

Purred: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:37pm PST 
Sam is through the tough part. His doctor says he is doing very well. He was upgraded from critical to stable this morning. We hope the worst is over. There's still a few last hurdles to clear but all in all it has gone as well as we could have hoped for.

Thank you all for the kind words. It really means a lot.
[notify]

T.J.

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:49pm PST 
Sam came home today. His doctor said he has done remarkably well. Other than looking like he's been through quite an ordeal, Sam is pretty much back to his old self. In all honesty, this has been nothing short of a miracle.

I haven't mentioned this yet but since he's going to be OK I thought I'd share the rest of the story...

When he went in for surgery on Friday Sam's doctor called us around 2pm and said that the tumor in Sam's abdomen was so large that it had engulfed his aorta and part of one of his kidneys. The initial prognosis was that there was no reason to even continue the surgery. We had made the decision to let Sam go. We were to the point that we were making arrangements for his ashes. We thanked the doctor for his efforts and told him that we knew he had tried his best. And with that we began to mourn the loss of our friend.

This was at 2pm on Friday. At 2:30 the phone rang. It was Sam's doctor. He had decided that since there was nothing to lose he took a shot at removing the tumor. He told us that the tumor had come out a lot easier than he'd anticipated and he thought we should give Sam a shot at surviving the surgery. We happily agreed and, well you know the rest. Sam came through with flying colors. We were amazed, the doctor was amazed, the office staff was amazed. Sam is home and doing very well. It was the darnedest thing I have ever been a part of.

Someone up there likes him...a lot. Thank you all again for the wonderful words of support and all the prayers. It meant a lot to us and even more to Sam. What a weekend.
[notify]

Piewackit

Tortietude? Yep- I have it!!

Purred: Thu Jul 31, '08 8:38pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
That's a wonderful story about Sam. We're so happy that he's home and going to be all right. What a scary thing for his family. We'll keep purring for him.
hug
[notify]