GO!

Liver Failure

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Bedelia- (Angel- 10/20/11)

Happy Girl

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '08 5:45pm PST 
Boxie has good ideas!
I took vitamin b6 and b12. I got sub-Q fluids and they made me feel a lot better! They go under the skin you don't even have to hit a vein =)

Good luck! And keep eating!

Meows,
Bedelia

PS, I liked the A/D food from the vet and also the Sheba food thats pure duck and chicken breast. They're expensive but you could try just one can and see.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy,- Charles- Dorney, Ma

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '08 8:35pm PST 
I added you to the List on Page One of the
Catsters in Need of Serious Purring thread and also posted at the end of the thread. We purr non-stop for sick catsters.
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 4:00pm PST 
How is Duke?
[notify]

Duke ~*RIP*~

You will BOW- before me!

Purred: Wed Apr 9, '08 8:18am PST 
Hey everybody! wave

Duke seems to be doing pretty well. He is eating a lot of stuff on his own and I'm weighing him daily. Yesterday the scale showed him creeping so close to the 7 pound mark.

Right now the only things that I have to feed him (aside from his meds) is the yogurt and NutriCal. We are starting to wonder if he might be having some tooth pain though. When he chews his food he has an odd expression on his face and it takes him quite a while to chew one piece. We'll be bringing this up with the vet at our next visit.

Otherwise he is still one vibrant kitty. He is loving his new box that we brought out for him. It's like his little cave that he can play and sleep in. He's still mad at me about the syringe feeding so at every opportunity he can he does something to get even with me. But that's just Duke, if he didn't then I'd be really worried.

Him being sick has affected the entire household. Even our pup Jake didn't want to eat one day and I had to hand feed him. Baby seems to understand how important it is for Duke to eat. When I set their food out he actually sits back and watches Duke eat. Very unusual for a cat who will scream at me and throw a fit if he can see the bottom of his food bowl.

I'll keep you updated if anything changes and I'll post again after his next vet visit as well. We are setting that appointment for IV fluids.

BTW I wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted, especially those that gave ideas and suggestions, they have really been invaluable.

hug
[notify]

Aryeh - Love Forever

The Mewwy Kitten

Purred: Wed Apr 9, '08 8:46am PST 
Mewwy Mew Duke, it is so good to hear that you are doing better. I'm sorry I'm late to your post. My momma had to tube feed me a while back. It sounds like your momma is doing very good at getting you food! Go Duke Go!! I will be purring for you. One thing I have been on non-stop since I got sick is "Denosyl". Neither me nor my momma know if it is something that is useful for kitties that have been poisoned. My liver disease is something quite different. I think that the Denosyl/"SamE" is some sort of suppliment but I don't know if it has ever been proven to help.. Mewwy mew, it was the only thing I didn't see on the list so far that I know about, and I'm not sure you need or want it.

Purrrs and Snuggles,
Aryeh
[notify]

Duke ~*RIP*~

You will BOW- before me!

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 9:04am PST 
Duke left us this morning. I posted about it in his journal.

Forgive me for not posting more here but right now I really don't want to have to type all of that out again and end up in another crying fit.

I just wanted to thank all of you.
[notify]

Aryeh - Love Forever

The Mewwy Kitten

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 12:58pm PST 
Purrrs for your family.

Aryeh
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2