GO!

WE NEED PURRS FOR A FRIEND, PLEASE!

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Worlds- Coolest- Jaffa Who- LHL

It\'s all about- me

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 12:18pm PST 
Need purrs? You've got them from us, purring hard that your friend's special fur gets well.
Jaffa and familyxxxxxxx
[notify]

Gracie

Amazing Grace

Purred: Tue Apr 8, '08 1:02am PST 
Catster is just the best!!
Mom didn't really get an update on Nala today, because her Mom wasn't scheduled to be at work. Mom did hear though that Nala went to the Vet on Saturday, and wasn't doing well on Sunday, so, we're worried to say, it doesn't sound too good.
We're sure that so many of you, like Mom, have been thru this with your fur family and understand how hard it is and how scary and sad it can be. We're continuing to pray for the best possible outcome for Nala, and for her young Mom, Mindy, and we'd sure appreciate all the help we can get.
Whatever the outcome, Nala has a Human who loves her with all her heart, and that alone makes her a lucky kitty!
Gracie and Family.
[notify]

Gracie

Amazing Grace

Purred: Wed Apr 9, '08 12:02am PST 
Well, Nala had her Vet visit on Saturday and the Vet thinks that she has some anxiety issues, based on her behavior. He has put her on Prozac, now, the problem, according to her Mom, is getting it down her. She really resists the liquid, so, her Mom wants to get it formulated in a pill, she thinks that will be easier.
Have any of you had serious problems, caused by anxiety? And how did your Humans help you cope?
Our Mom says our Bridge sister, Heidi, was a saint about taking her pills, she suspects that Checkers and I would be much more of a handful, I MORE than suspect she's right laugh out loud
We're continuing our prayers for Nala, that she gets back to feeling well, and for her Mom.
Thanks wonderful Catster family for all the prayers and purrs you send, again, you ROCK!
Gracie and Familyhug
[notify]

Amber *In- Loving- Memory*

Yankee Doodle- Girl--Born July- 4th!

Purred: Wed Apr 9, '08 2:32am PST 
I am purrrrrring very hard for Nala and her mommy Mindy! The news sounds good!! cheer

Ooohhh, I don't like taking meds either--just ask my mommy, MOL! I'm kind of the opposite of Nala tho--I refuse to take pills, so Mommy has to go to a Compounding Pharmacy (whatever that is!!) to have my pills changed to liquid form. I still hate it tho haha! Mommy has the scars to prove it too!! kitty

Maybe Nala's vet (that would be the Evil Person in the White Lab Coat!) would have some good ideas for getting a kitty to take her meds??

Good luck, Nala! hug
[notify]

Gracie

Amazing Grace

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 12:35am PST 
Well, Catster Family you've been so wonderful with purrs and prayers for Nala, we want to update you.
Nala has a urinary tract infection, complicated by anxiety~Mom says she'd be anxious too, those are nasty!
She's on antibiotics and Prozac to help her relax, and she's doing better (knocking with all 12 of our paws, and Mom's hands, on wood).
Her Mom is getting a new job, so, won't be working with Mom anymore, but, it sounds like Nala is doing better, and we're so glad.
Thank You once more for being the best cheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
Gracie, Checkers and Heidi in Memory
[notify]

Little Red- (Angel- 6/11/12)

Red-Headed- Stepchild

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 3:54pm PST 
YAY NALA!

I'm glad she's getting treatment way to go
The anxiety could be caused by urinary tract probs or the other way round. It's a cycle. (Trust me I know.)

I did ok with my pills but mommy used a "pill plunger" anyway mol.
I'm doing great and I'm sending purrrrs that Nala will get all better too.

Purrrs,
Little Red
[notify]

Hazel Lucy &- Mazie & Max

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Fri Apr 11, '08 6:36pm PST 
You can buy "Pill Pockets" at Petco and other places, some vets have them too. They are little treat pockets and you just pop the pill into it. I resist taking meds and these worked like a charm.
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2