GO!

GOOD NEWS RE KOSMO

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kosmo...Rain- bow Bridge

I am the Lord of- the Manor!

Purred: Wed Mar 26, '08 10:17pm PST 
After a barrage of distress & worry, we agreed to let him have a blood test to see whether he had cancer oR some other horrible immuno problem. The vet said it couldnt be the parasite that is in the red blood cells that kills the RBC cos that is only found when they have AIDS or leukemia & he had neither. Really, the tests were for my peice of mind for when we had to put him to sleep in the coming days
The blood test was rushed & was informed that he DID have the parasite & we had to start him on intense antibiotics ASAP. Well, we did & within 3 days his RBC count was up from 11% to 18.7%
This was almost 2 weeks ago & he is looking great.....still has a problem with his kidneys BUT thats to be expected at his age & with all his probs
So, am happy cos hes happy & not suffering! All he wants to do is eat, cuddle & be a nonce which is great!!
THANKS for your concern, I really appreciate it!

JULIE cloud 9
[notify]

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Wed Mar 26, '08 10:40pm PST 
dancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
YAY KOSMO!

Watching over you,
Your Guardian Angelpal,
Biscuit
[notify]

Queenie ~- Sweet Angel

~ With my Julesy- now ~

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 1:11am PST 
Wooooo hooooo Kosmo!!!!!

Thanks for the MEOWVOLOUS news sweetie!!!

I am sure sweeties like Biscuit and Wally have been looking out for you!

cheer dancing cheer dancing cheer
[notify]

Kittanna

World's Loudest- Purrrrrrer

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 8:57am PST 
That's great news! We're so glad to know Kosmo is feeling better!
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:14am PST 
This is Delyte, Stella, Queenie & Fluff. We are so glad Cosmo is getting better!!!!! Way to go, big guy! Knock off those nasty parasites and get lots of food and snuggles!
[notify]

Scooter ~- Our Angel

It's all about- 'The Scootster'

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:47am PST 
That's great news! I've been wondering how you were doing, Kosmo. Keep eating, keep getting better!
hug
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 1:05pm PST 
Kosmo the SUPER KITTY!!!!!!!!!

cheercheercheercheercheercheercheer

My family and I couldn't be happier.
[notify]

Kosmo...Rain- bow Bridge

I am the Lord of- the Manor!

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 5:08pm PST 
HI
My an off chance,we took him to the vet initially as he was throwing up & we saw the vet that was on at that time, as the woman he saw before wasnt working that day (great, cos she wasnt that good!). By luck, it was someone hubby vaguely knew via karate. She is FANTASTIC, willing to go that extra mile. Not sure if she was so helpful because she kind-of knew us OR because she was relieved to see someone who truly gave a damn about their pet & was willing to help them as much as possible WITHOUT them unecessary suffering. Shes won us...just hope she stays there for a while

ANYHOO.......
We are not 100% sure of what parasite he has BUT its the parasite that cats only get with AIDS & LEukemia which is why the pathology place that shouldve taken an hour on his tests took 6 hours cos they kept re-checking it as they were stunned.

Then when his vet got the results, she rang them up as she was sure they had made a mistake cos she was confused too BUT no, we were all reassured that he is just abnormal......great, I am so proud of having the worlds weirdest medical anomaly cat! Hes also the 2nd cat in 10 years that the vet has heard of that had infected anal glands (and shes worked around the world)...YAY KOS!

Hes on VibraVet, these tiny BUT potent antibiotics (that the little buggar keeps spitting out....I only find them days after he as supposed to have swallowed them!!) for another 2 weeks (4 weeks in total) & they seem to have done the trick!

Love to all
Juliecheer
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 7:15pm PST 
Keep getting better Kosmo! dancingcheerdancingcheerdancingcheer

But ya gotta quit spitting out your pills!!! shocklaugh out loud

Kissy - 2006-2008

lovey kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '08 5:53pm PST 
Yay, Kosmo! cheer